SOLVED

Windows 11's Windows Security App can't open.

Brass Contributor

Alright guys, just now I'm trying to disable the Windows defender but I found out that I can't even open the Windows Security App. Anyone knows what's going on? Any solution? I'm looking for help. :smile:

233 Replies

@CheekyCactus 

thanks this worked for me.

I can say this fix worked for me. only had to do it once.
I get this when I try it. Any suggestions? TY!

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage
Reset-AppxPackage : Package was not found.
Windows cannot remove Microsoft.SecHealthUI_1000.22000.1.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe because the current user does not
have that package installed. Use Get-AppxPackage to see the list of packages installed.
At line:1 char:51
+ Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Reset-AppxPackage], COMException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Comman
ds.ResetAppxPackageCommand
Just sharing, this is the one that worked for me. Thanks a lot !
This worked for me
I tried at first but didn't work, so I had to restart my PC and tried it again, then it show deployment in process and worked fine :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I love you dude thank you

I try this steps but not work, it's like not installed but it's appear with rectangle with exclamation mark @Little_Joe 

its not working.
this resolved a numbe of these windows 11 events relating to Windows.SecurityCenter warnings where the source is DistributedCOM

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter"

which i have been trying to resolve the past couple of weeks!

thanks!!
this does work.. immediately after this running the command recommended here, and a reboot.. it appears to have done the job..

however, i refreshed system event log, and like that pesky cat, the error returned

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter"

Please help!
windows has a serious problem that affects the functioning .... unwanted viruses ... because a common user would need to execute a system file (use it) like a .bat, a (.pif) or a (.vbe) these are unnecessary things, there should be a windows "(armored) windows for ordinary users should only open and close programs and windows and end this business instead of running .exe programs manually the installation packages .then... because an ordinary person without a technical level could do it this windows is losing its space for the public. poddria having a customized windows only for those who deal with t.i, students, and common people who don't know how to program. .avoiding virus invasions... those who want to make apps for windows, these apps, be examined by microsoft and then released to the public but released through the microsoft app store and only through the app store @*just like the linux playstore. I hope to be heard here. by

@Little_Joe Windows security is just blank (black) when i open it, and this technique does not work, i also cannot find security services in services.msc and windows defender in regedit. Re-installing code of powershell also does not work. Please guide

Sir I tried All the way but my windows security was not opening pls help sir please
For the people who weren't helped by Little_Joe and are still having issues like I was, I found my answer here: https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/need-new-app-open-windows-defender-link/

@Little_Joe All that did was break Windows Defender and now it can't find what to use in the Microsoft Store which I'm pretty sure it shouldn't even be looking there. The fact that you are calling it Windows Security and still have "Windows Defender" tied to the application is explaining A LOT about how MS has moved towards developing. They must be hiring Gaming Programmers who think it's Super Cool to use their clients as Beta Testers.

TRI0N

@Little_Joe what do you mean by Retry?

@Little_Joe 

Although I copy and paste Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage, it shows 'is not recognized'.

How can I open 'windows Security '??

Please, reply to me.

Thank you

I have tried all the things mentioned in this thread using Elevated Powershell and still no solution for me. All I get is a windows security window with a shield icon in the center. I also created a new user account and the same behavior happens as well while logged in. Looking at powershell there appears to be no issue with the install and the file verfication scan found no corrupted file issues? So guess I will learn to live without this feature unless a solution is found for my specific failure. The only benifit I see is that it allows a one stop window for easy access to things which in control panel I also have access. I know it has other functions such as notifications also.
Great thread though. I am glad that many here have solved their issues. :smile:
Bob

IMG_4297rz.jpgIMG_4296rz.jpg