Aug 29 2021
I have been trying to install the windows 11 Preview (10.0.22000.160 (co_release)) for quite some time but I systematically have the same error 0x80070002 (and sometimes 0x80070002-20007).
Here is what happens:
- I launch the installation directly from Windows Update; this works well until I am asked to restart my computer.
- After rebooting the computer, the installation continues and the computer restarts, then displays "Undoing changes..."
- I then get an error message, visible in Windows Update.
My computer is compatible with windows 11 (brand new Dell XPS 13 manufactured in May 2021):
- CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1185G7 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
- 16G of RAM
- 1Tb hard drive
I'm running the following Windows 10 version:
- Windows 10 Family
- Version 21H1
- Build: 19043.1165 (Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0)
- language: French
My computer uses Windows Defender (up to date).
All drivers are update, as well as all windows 10 updates and Windows defender Updates.
Thank you in advance for your help!