windows 11 preview from taskbar showing on the left

Copper Contributor

So since 10 nov i noticed that windows 11 preview from taskbar showing on the left i attached a screenshot.

Note: for example windows explorer / filemanager and microsoft edge appears correct but the rest appear as in screenshot...

I am with all updates up to date i have no issue with anything else, also did a sfc scan now no errors, and moved the icons in the taskbar from center to left and back hoping that it will fix it but no result..

19 Replies
Try perform a Clean Boot and see if the problem persist?
Take a look at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...
Open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
Already tried this and does not work.
Try boot into the Safe Mode and see if the problem persist?
Take a look at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-92c27cff-db89-8644...
Try open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue, make sure include the screenshot in the report too.
I tried still happens :(
Have you logged it in Feedback Hub? If so, please share the link here.

-Eddie
Thank you for filling the report and hopefully Windows team will investigate and resolve it in the future update.
That will be when?
Not sure, I am unable to talk on behalf of the Windows team but you will see improvements in update or they might share a comment. Just share your feedback with others to receive more votes.

@Reza_Ameri i dont work for microsoft as beta tester and i dont need votes to get their own software fixed. i payed for somthing i expect this bugs to be fixed without me getting votes and detecting bugs as an enduser...

I understand your concern, as you see in the Feedback Hub, there are tons of reports and the Windows team will review and investigate each of them and try to fix them. Even if there is no vote, Windows team will review and resolve it.
Try boot into safe mode and see if the problem persist?
You may contact Microsoft Support:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus
i already responded to this. and i did use feedback hub. its hard to belive that windows team will noticed a response without any votes. and fix it. but thats it..
In case it is urgent, try contact Microsoft Support.
Tried ended up here and there great Loop what next? :)
Try do another test and uninstall you graphic card driver and restart your PC and see if the problem persist?
Yes i tried its not my PC fault its a microsoft bug.

@Thiefyo 

Hi there, I feel your pain, this is a bug, I have the same behavior.

One hack that I use to relief the pain is restart the 'explorer.exe' application, that did the trick for me.

You have different alternatives to do that, you could do it through a terminal or from the task manager.

I will give you the steps for the second option:

1. open task manager
  2. you need an explorer window open, if you don't, you could open one like this, 'File'->'Run new task'  fill the dialog with 'explorer' then click 'ok', or just use the hotkey 'win+e'
  3. now right click on the explorer application listed in the Process tab, and select 'Restart'.

The explorer process manage a lot more than the file explorer, so after you restart all the desktop UI manager will be restarted. That solved for me the issue. 
    I repeat this from now and then when the bug reappears.

Good luck

I know.. but i want the bug to be fixed..
Since you shared the report in the Feedback Hub app, hopefully the Windows team will investigate and resolve it. There are several feedbacks in the Feedback Hub app but the team will review each one of them but might not be able to share individual response.