Windows 11 preview build

Brass Contributor

I am having a computer with Intel i3-6006U, which has a TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot. It is also having 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage. It has Direct X 12 and WDDM 2.1. But still I cannot upgrade to the Windows 11 preview build due to the generation of my CPU. Kindly tell me what should I do to upgrade to Windows 11 preview build.

15 Replies

@SohamC wrote:

I am having a computer with Intel i3-6006U, which has a TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot. It is also having 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage. It has Direct X 12 and WDDM 2.1. But still I cannot upgrade to the Windows 11 preview build due to the generation of my CPU. Kindly tell me what should I do to upgrade to Windows 11 preview build.

Hello @SohamC,

i3-6006U is Intel 6th generation processor. Atm, we don't have any updates on Intel 6th generation processors support for Windows 11.

Microsoft is currently testing Windows 11 for 7th generation processors. Read at official Windows blog:

As we release to Windows Insiders and partner with our OEMs, we will test to identify devices running on Intel 7th generation and AMD Zen 1 that may meet our principles.

If this processor is supported, you can confirm it on this list: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-supported-inte...

Hope this answers your query!

@Kapil Arya So the Intel 6th generation CPU will not be tested?

Atm, nothing can be said. You need to wait for some time, in case if there are any updates.
I actually installed the preview of Windows 11 and it is working in the computer

@SohamC 

Hello
This is another confirmation that the requirements of Win11 are exaggerated!
But implementing extended apps for Win11 can be an additional problem!
Please write your opinions here about Win11

Yeah it is working fine but the problem that I am facing is during the boot it is taking much longer than windows 10, and when it is started and error is displaying-
"RtkNGUI64.exe - System Error
The code execution cannot proceed because ResampleDmo.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem." I cannot figure it out which program it is.
Yes , but you can remove the error label with a click and Win11 system - works on?

@A1 Sorry I did not get you. Can you tell me how can I remove this error?Screenshot 2021-07-08 184905.png

@SohamC 

You would have to search for the location of the file - check the properties, then at your own risk remove the exe. , but it requires deeper analysis - security inheritance and etc. most likely you will have to do a clean installation of win10.

Can you please tell me why does that error occur? without that error Windows 11 preview is working fine in my 6th generation Intel CPU laptop.

This is a controller that checks and has such a task to show what is not compatible with the registry - for me it is useless if the system can still work!
programmer would explain it better.
By the way is the android apps available in the Microsoft Store?
I work computer - not Android link with Windows because I do not know the Android environment!
Okay no problem.
Dmo.Dll