WIndows 11 not working on Dell G7 , 16gb ram , Corei7 8th generation (Showing Error)

Copper Contributor

I tried Installing the windows 11 co-release after joining the windows insider programme as a dev, each time it downloads up to 100% and while installing it stops at any point from 70% - 80% and shows this error- (W*indows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22000.132 (co_release) -Error 0x80070002)*
I have troubleshooted the windows update but nothing was detected , I also used the advanced troubleshooter still nothing was found, I downloaded windows update installer still the same thing, please what i'm I doing wrong, because I have friends who uses the same system as mine and they already updated their windows to windows 11 and its working fine.

4 Replies

@Tommygogd 

Hi, you will probably need to do a clean install of Windows10 , the software installed by the computer manufacturer perhaps - blocks the ability to install Windows11 .

@Deleted  i have some paid apps and software i am scared of loosing if i do a clean install , is there not any other way ?, because most of my softwares are not easy to get please.

@Tommygogd 

My friend, do not install Windows11 on this computer - it is not a stable version
which should not be used for work and probably because of installed applications whose processes block the installation - Windows11

@Deleted
Thanks so much for this advice , i will follow your advice.