SOLVED

Windows 11 keeps asking me to activate windows

Brass Contributor

Greetings Everyone.

I using a MacBook Pro with the M1 chip and running Windows 11 ARM in a Parallels Desktop VM. I really like the new look of Windows 11. Since this version is an Insiders version why is it always asking me to activate it? How do I stop this version of Windows from doing that? I thought since it was an Insiders version it will not ask me to activate it because Windows 11 is not yet released to the public.

The attachment will show the activate windows reminder.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

24 Replies
https://kb.parallels.com/en/114051

I am not sure if this still works

Hi @Deleted,

For now I will just wait and see if they eventually fix the bug because Windows 11 is such a big improvement to what Windows 10 had and I love the way Windows 11 looks and feels. I didn't like Windows 10. I only used that version because the software I used to write Android apps is available in Windows and not Mac.

By the way, I also love to be around horses. Many years ago when I was in my early 20's, I did hot walking around the barn area at Belmont Raceway located in Queens for some time. That was a fun time.

I have a Surface Book 3 with an activated W10 but W11 Beta will not allow activation. @tallinn1964 

Please ensure you have TPM 2.0
There are specific Hardware Requirements for Windows 11. 1 of my PC's took the Windows 11 update even though it did not meet the requirements. I had to remove it from the insider program and re-image to my Win10-Pro Licensed Copy, and reinstall from a previous resore point to get my apps back