Windows 11 Internet Speed slowed but not in Safe Mode

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Running speed tests I recently discovered that my Windows 11 desktop connected through Ethernet gives 12 Mbps download  and about 30 Mbps for upload. The download is the problem... it should be around 900 Mbps. When I run the PC in Safe mode then I get the expected speed.   Can anyone suggest what might be going on or is this some fundamental issue that needs to be addressed by Mirosoft?

Background: we had a massive country wide (Canada) internet outage recently. Read about that here https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/rogers-outage-interac-debit-restored-1.6515869  I am wondering if the same issue that they had is also affecting the Windows 11. This is why I would like to bring this to your attention.

Thank you,

Artak

6 Replies

Hi @Artak105 

If safe mode is fine, then I would rather look for a virus and spyware that slows down, perform a Windows update and download updates in the Microsoft store.

Check the speed on another computer - it will rather be correct 

Perform a full Defender scan.

Thank you. I tried the suggestions of the clean boot and the issue went away once I disabled the following service: ExpressConnect Network Service by Rivet Networks. There 3 more services also running by that same Rivet Networks but this one is the one causing the issue. What is strange is that on my another computer which does not have this issue the same services are reported to be by Intel Corporation and not By Rivet Networks. And there is one less service (ExpressConnect Analytics Service is missing). So the question is what is the issue here?
Thank you for the follow up.
Try open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
Make sure report this issue to the software vendor.
Yes, thanks. I did send the feedback... Also, I find the thread on Dell Community. This service is part of Dell optimizer and once you remove it you free your computer from that ExpressConnect Network Service software. Thanks for the effort optimizing... a less-is-more case.

https://www.dell.com/community/Optiplex-Desktops/Can-I-uninstall-ExpressConnect/m-p/7873540#M51083
Welcome and thank you for sharing the link.