Windows 11 installation error

Copper Contributor
Error code 0x80070002 -0x20007, the installation failed in the safe_os phase with an error during INSTALL_DRIVERS operation. how to fix this?
25 Replies
I thought there is a list of supported CPU's somewhere.
But if you want to do a clean install download the Win 11 ISO and the latest version of Rufus. Rufus has the function of removing the TMP2.0 and CPU check. So you will be able (although you might run into some problems) to install it (i've done it on a 21.5 inch iMac with non supported CPU from 2015)

@youaremine 

Followed your instructions as best I could, however, I have found multiple setupact files in the panther file and some have restrictions which i have overcome but none seem to show any errors at the bottom.

I have opened the largest file here and screenshot the bottom most part of it. Scrolling up changes the dates by a month so don't think that is relevant?

I'm actually doing the opposite and rolling back windows 11 to 10 for gaming purposes and don't particularly like the feel of 11 on a brand new laptop that came pre installed with 11 so no option to roll back.

Screenshot 2022-02-04 155659.png

Thanks muchly! Finally, after months & months of failures, Windows 11 installed. In my case it was also the Western Digital files. WD was also the culprit in a very similar problem in turning on Device Security, in that for that problem there were still WD Win98 drivers that needed to be deleted.
@youaremine
Thanks, finally got mine figured out thanks to you though mine was an odd file I thought could of broken something when I deleted but nothing occurred at all.
Driver was: cdc-acm.inf
I wish there was a way to link this thread to that error code or have some real way to get help quickly as an internet search was my only way of finding this after a few failed attempts to get help.
Thank you so much!!!! You save me from a full installation ;)

@youaremine 

Thanks for the guide! Where do I input that $Windows.~ etc."? Into that bar that shoes the location if the folders? If so, I've written it there but the only thing that happens is, a new empty window opens in the Microsoft browser... I also just tried searching for that log directly and I got a file that opened in notespad, but it doesn't seem to be that one... It's quite short and all the "initializations" happening there were successful.