Windows 11 insider preview installation failed

Copper Contributor
"Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22000.51 (co_release)

Failed to install on 30-06-2021-0xc1900101"

My pc successfully passed compatibility test and can run Windows 11 smoothly but after downloading it from Windows update, it installed and then i restarted ... No windows 11 i got.. when I checked in windows update history i got that error
Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22000.51 (co_release)

Failed to install on 30-06-2021-0xc1900101
40 Replies

@Its_aftab I am also getting the same error. Did you find a workaround?

Yes man just update all drivers and especially the bios :fire: it should work
Thanks, is there any tool to update all drivers or manually?
Get to me in telegram @AK_00010
No such ID found
(*"""@Ak_00010*""""")

@99ansh same here. Did you get any solution lately?

I updated the drivers and bios but no luck. You can give a shot by spining up a VM if you want to try it out.
Still no fix yet? I've updated all my drivers and my bios and still get the same error.
Yeah still facing the same issue. Try running in a VM, it will work.

My VM config,
4GB RAM
32GB VHD
I7-7th Gen
7th gen chipset (for intel one ) and 3rd gen for AMD aren't qualified for Windows 11 as per requirement 8th gen or above will work

You can refer this post for latest say on the requirements

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/6/29/22555371/microsoft-windows-11-c...

They are reconsidering the minimum requirements to include Intel 7th Gen and AMD 2nd Gen. Plus I am running on a VM where these restrictions don't apply.

It's specifically started that those who are in the Dev channel of windows Insider are exempt from this requirement.
My 2nd gen Ryzen was fine, it doesn't like the 1st gen tho.
I know ur Problem. I had the same thing. U need to deinstall ur GPU driver. After that try the installation again. To check if u deinstalled ur driver --> go to device manager and then to GPU.

@mc123405 

Its installed now. But its not on the cpu approved list for the final release. Ryzen 1600

@DougM56 

With a GPU driver or not? what GPU do u have?

@Its_aftab  Hi!

Troubleshooting - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs
Troubleshooting tips

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-insider/troubleshooting

It is worth getting acquainted - I recommend!

Andrew