Windows 11 Insider Preview 25267.1000 (rs_prerelease) is failing with error 0xc1900101 on surface 9

Copper Contributor

I just bought Surfacepro 9 and Windows 11 Insider Preview 25267.1000 (rs_prerelease) is failing with error 0xc1900101 ,I made reset for windows from cloud ,to fix any problems ,but problem still exisits - the unpdate fails on 48% after restart ,check attached and open for any suggestions to fix please [black screen].image0.jpegimage1.jpeg

11 Replies

hi @mhussein2023 

Cannot install Windows 11 - Error 0xc1900101 - Microsoft Community

Please this is a helpful discussion, but it is a difficult issue.

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25267 | Windows Insider Blog

"This will be our last Dev Channel flight for the holidays. We’ll be back with new builds in January 2023!"

I have tried everthing listed and still not able to install[48% then black screen],Shall I hold the fire till next windows update release?,and when it will be?

@mhussein2023 

Since this is a new computer, it does not have personal files yet, so it may be worth performing the installation not as a system overwrite but as a clean installation, e.g. in the Beta channel, and then switch to Dev.

@A1 I have tried this yesterday and downloaded it from cloud,And still facing the same problem my friend.

@mhussein2023 

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.1037 and 22623.1037 | Windows Insider Blog

In this blog for Beta you need to use the activation kit to enable additional features.

Do you have the switch set to Dev. >?

@A1 Yes ,I have shifed to Dev and this is my current statusScreenshot 2023-01-04 1.pngScreenshot 2023-01-04 2.png

@mhussein2023 

All is well , in the beta channel, our latest version.

Maybe stay with Beta for now (switch to Beta is a safe development) next builds can everything will go well.

Cheers mate and thanks for supporting 👍🏻

I had this problem earlier. Tried SFC and DISM but had the same problem. I was able to resolve it by reverting my OC CPU to default mode (I had it OC'd with AMD Ryzen Master).  Installation went through succesfully.