Windows 11 Insider Preview 25169.1000 (rs_prerelease) Installation Error - 0x80070001

Copper Contributor

Hello together,

I have an annoying problem with Windows 11 Update.
So far I had contacted Microsoft support twice but no one could help me.
I just want this annoying problem to be fixed for good.
Today I also got a green screen all of a sudden!

The problem I have also posted here but unfortunately no success!
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/windows-11-insider-preview-251261000-error/2c5...

Also feedback hub suddenly does not work!!!

Event Log: Installation error: The installation of the following update failed with error 0x80070001: Windows 11 Insider Preview 25169.1000 (rs_prerelease) 
Source: WindowsUpdateClient
Event-ID: 20

7 Replies
@A1
thank you for your feedback.
Yes, I tested that as the final solution. Unfortunately no success!

The final solution is a clean installation of Windows (which will remove everything, settings, files and applications) unfortunately you have to be prepared for this in the Dev channel.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-insider/ISOs#clean-installation-with-a-windows-insider-prev...

I have also already tested this solution.
But unfortunately no success!!!!!
After installation everything looked great until the next update arrived!

Currently the update hangs at the following update version:
Windows 11 Insider Preview 25169.1000 (rs_prerelease)
Is there a way that I can switch to normal Windows 11 version and not Insider Vesion? If Microsoft can not help and support the end users, then unfortunately there is no other way!

@Nima-DE 

Yes - > if you perform a clean installation again using the stable version (the insider program will be removed) if you do not configure it, you will receive public updates:

Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)

Thank you for the link . I will then reinstall and change the update channel.
I think it's not fair that Microsoft asks for an Insider Preview and when users give feedback or have trial problems, NO ONE helps them!!!!

@Nima-DE 

I understand your frustration, but Microsoft support prepares employees to help support a stable version of Windows, there is no separate technical support 

for Insider users.

At MTC, we can support each other based on our own experience.