Windows 11 insider preview 23403 ni_prerelease search bar setting error

Copper Contributor

2023-03-19_9.36.31.png

(This picture is after the update.)

Here's the situation.

During the Windows 11 Insider Preview update, which was released a while ago, the installation did not proceed, so I forcibly closed and restarted. Afterwards, the words ‘recovering' and 'undoing changes' appeared, and the update being installed was canceled. After that, the change option in the search box on the taskbar disappeared completely, and even after updating again, the option is still not visible. This function was supported even in the version before the update. In the past, I used ‘search box’ option, but after the forced shutdown during the update, it was forcibly changed with the 'search icon and label' design, and in both the version before the update and the version after the update There is no option to change the search box design, only a toggle button to activate the search box. I think it can be fixed in the next version.

Version before the update: Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22623.730 (ni_release) Updated Version: Windows 11 Insider Preview 23403.1001 (ni_prerelease)

2 Replies
In this case, I advise you to open the Feedback Hub app and file a bug report.
Make sure share steps to reproduce the problem.

Hi,@Stella_Trace 

But it looks like you were in the Beta channel, now you have installed the Dev channel version, or have you switched to a higher insider channel, perhaps this is the reason for this problem?

Check out this article:

"What’s coming for the Windows Insider Program in 2023 | Windows Insider Blog

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23403 | Windows Insider Blog