SOLVED

Windows 11 Insider Preview 22610.1 (ni_release)

Brass Contributor

I installed Windows 11 Insider Preview 22610.1 (ni_release) last Friday and the "^" symbol (hidden icons on system tray) vanished.  Is this deliberate or what?  How do I get it back?

17 Replies
Windows Insider is for testing and evaluation and such issues are expected.
Check for update and see if there is any pending updates?
Try restart your PC.
In case problem persist, open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.

@Philip_Gross  i have the same problem. did you find a way two get it back?

WAIT @oliloken it’s in todays update

@Philip_Gross

It seems it is the Icon cache having issues. you can open an admin command prompt and do use these commands and it will come back.

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
cd %homepath%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
del *.db
explorer.exe

best response confirmed by Philip_Gross (Brass Contributor)
Solution

It came back with the update issued today.  Thanks all.  @StealUrKill_PhD 

what update? mine is still having issues.
Are you on the Beta release? I am.
I still have that problem. It only helped me until the re-launch of the PC Ctrl-ALT-Del and Restart Windows Explorer. I have not found the long term solution.
**bleep**!! The problem came back again - no display of the hidden files on the system tray! So the issue continues.
Have you reported this issue using the Feedback Hub app?
worked! thx
Hello, it is May 5, I am still on 22610.1 beta release installed 5/2/2022. There is no system tray ^ for showing my running applications. It seems this broke with the latest update? All of the temporary solutions posted here did not help me fix it.

This worked. Thanks. @Reza_Ameri 

The release on 06/05/2022 fixed the original issue. This was an issue with only the Beta version of Windows 11 Pro. The discussion is now ended.
Welcome, glad it was helpful.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Philip_Gross (Brass Contributor)
Solution

It came back with the update issued today.  Thanks all.  @StealUrKill_PhD 

View solution in original post