Windows 11 Insider Preview 22454.1000 ERROR

Copper Contributor

Please have problem with update 22454.1000, always after installation i get blue death error with pnp watchdog driver message. The system freezes and restarts, the update fails. Can someone please advise me how to fix this.  thx

12 Replies

@Chronik808 I also have the same issue. Do you have any solution so far?

@manasseg I found some advice myself, but nothing worked ,, for example, checking shadow volumes .... no response

I have the same problem. Tried a few times now. Still the same error.

Mine happens just after rebooting and is finishing update. Not had any problems before hand. Its a great operating system

Deacs

@Chronik808 

Just  An update.

Don`t know how, but I've updated to build 22454.rs.

All I did was to remove all USB connections except keyboard and mouse. Went to properties on C drive and clear out temporary files Inc. old windows files. 

Having no issues with this build so far too

I deleted the temporary windows files on the disk, disconnected everything except the mouse and keyboard .. the error persists

@Chronik808 

I'm having same issue, even disconnecting everything. I've tried several times no luck, keeps crashing.

Same issue here. I'm getting the "pnp watchdog driver error". This error has created a separate disk of size 256 MB. I don't know what's wrong.
Had the same issue. I go the pnp watchdog driver message after the update completed at 100% and rebooted. I tried again with only USB mouse and keyboard connected but issue still the same.

@Chronik808 I found this video (https://youtu.be/EKmuao-p7oY) which I tried and it has fixed the issue for me. I'm now on Build 22463

This Tutorial Helps to Fix Windows 11 Update Failed Error (Solved) 00:00 Intro 00:08 Method 1 - Rename Software Distribution & Catroot2 Folder 02:22 Method 2 - Windows Update Troubleshooting 03:13 Method 3 - Start Windows Update Service 03:42 Closing #Windows11 #WindowsUpdateError #UpdateFailed ...
perfect, perfect, the very first method works. Thank you problem solved
this video solved my problem, try it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKmuao-p7oY
Tengo el mismo problema , y recién actualicé ah windows 11 inside , y mi PC no es tan mala como para que esto pase , alguna solución gente?