Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22622.290 - download failed

Copper Contributor

a Windows update is available, but the download fails always at 7 %.
error Message - Download Fehler - 0xca020007

I have already contacted the Microsoft Support Line (Chat). support tried to solve the problem by remote help, but without success. The last recommendation was to leave the Insider program resp. to re-install windows and join again to the insider program.

Since in all cases only personal data (files) will be kept, while all software has to be installed once again, I would like to look for further help here in the community. Maybe anyone know the problem and has a solution to solve it.

For further information:
Windows 11 home
Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621
Language - German

further updates have been installed without any errors:

Functional updates:
Windows 11 Insider Preview 22621.1 (ni_release)
Windows 11 Insider Preview 22616.1 (ni_release)

Windows 11 Insider Preview 22610.1 (ni_release)

Quality Updates:
2022-06 Kumulatives Update für Windows 11 Version 22H2 für x64-basierte Systeme (KB5014958)
Update für Microsoft Office 2016 (KB5002226) 32-Bit-Edition

Update für Microsoft Office 2016 (KB5002192) 32-Bit-Edition

Sicherheitsupdate für Microsoft Excel 2016 (KB5002208) 32-Bit-Edition

Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview (10.0.22621.160) (KB5014770)

different jobs to analyze resp to repair are already done, e.g.
sfc /scannow --> no errors

Hope anyone has an idea or suggestion how the problem could be solved. I would like to avoid to reset windows and to install my complete software.

PS:
I am not a native speaker. If there is any text incomprehensible, please let me know resp. don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you

9 Replies

@Peter_OhneAngabe me too getting the same error with the code "Install error - 0x800705b9". I tried to stop the windows update services > deleted all the Datstore files > CBS logs > restarted the system and restarted the windows update services, tried, but still getting the same error. 

Let me know if you have found any other way to resolve this issue

Hi @Peter_OhneAngabe 

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.290 and 22622.290 | Windows Insider Blog

If other updates are fine, then waiting is a good idea for now.-> perhaps a new way that has divided users into two groups is causing the problem?

Yes Andrzej1, that's what I am doing, too. I guess and hope the problem will be solved with a next update.

@Abdulrazack @Abdulrazack unfortunately the problem still exists. The only change I have done - I have switch the insider settings from "Beta-Channel" to "Release Preview" hc_018.jpg

RP? why?
After this change, you will definitely not get the update for several months because a higher version of the insider program is already installed.
@A1 It wasn't clear to me what the difference is. For the moment it will be okay if no updates come up and my system works well. But good to know, so I will go back to beta-channel in a few weeks and then we will see what will happen.

@A1 

other than expected, a further Win11 update was implemented last night succesfully.
-> kum Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2, x64 System (KB5015818)

After this update I've switched back to check if download and update of Insider Preview now will be done. Now the download didn't fail at 7%, it was 100% and the implementation has started. but this time the installation process failed with error code 0x800f081f.

Since my system works well at the moment, I will wait again for further future updates. Maybe sometime the problem will be solved ;)

hc_027.jpg

2022-适用于 Windows 11 Version 22H2 的 08 累积更新,适合基于 x64 的系统 (KB5016695)
下载错误 - 0xca020007
我也是这样更新到7%和%10时更新失败,如果有解决方案,请回复我,谢谢
my windows 11 insider problem is when I go into settings it automatically starts download, then afterwards installs. BUT a week or so later it starts the download and install again. This has happened several times. Went to Microsoft chat and he advised me to get help through the link he sent. It sounds and looks like this is a lifetime experience with no solution.