SOLVED

Windows 11 Insider No Longer Shut Down

Copper Contributor

I am running Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22471 as Primary OS and Ubuntu 20.04 LTS as Secondary OS. 

Before I was running Windows 11 Beta Build. I switched to Dev Channel and installed build 22471, from that time my Windows 11 PC is not shutting down.

I tried common solutions like disabling Fast Startup, etc. I also run SFC scan which detected no integrity violations and DISM Cleanup Image also. Nothing is able to solve that problem.

My PC is compatible with Windows 11.

Please give solutions to solve this problem

9 Replies
Have you tried changing the power settings?
In Dev. power automatically - it is set never to turn off.
Where is it?
Not working
best response confirmed by devakesu (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I reset the PC.
Resetting the PC solved the issue.
reset not solved for me
You need to factory reset by using Software from your Manufacture

@devakesu but it will delete all data

Yes. But you should be ready for such incidents while installing Windows Dev Editions. Now the most advanced version is Canary Channels. Sometimes, rarely, some builds may break your system and resetting is the only way to resolve. 

Reading here (What’s coming for the Windows Insider Program in 2023 | Windows Insider Blog), its clearly mentioned "The builds that will be flighted to the Canary Channel will be “hot off the presses,” flighting very soon after they are built, which means very little validation and documentation will be done before they are offered to Insiders. These builds could include major issues that could result in not being able to use your PC correctly or even in some rare cases require you to reinstall Windows."

Thus, I recommend you not to use Canary builds if you dont have sufficient knowledge to handle such failures / use your PC for daily work.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by devakesu (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I reset the PC.
Resetting the PC solved the issue.

View solution in original post