SOLVED

Windows 11 Date/Time menu is misaligned

Copper Contributor

In Windows 11 I changed my taskbar to be smaller using the registry, and the date/time menu is either too big or too low. I included a screenshot of the issue to help with giving a better understanding. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Screenshot 2021-11-12 083128.png

Edit: I am new to this forum, and didn't realize there were different categories for questions here. I apologize if this should be somewhere else.

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Kilomegaminx (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Why did you used the registry to change it?
Wasn't it possible to do it by changing the screen resolution?
Change the registry is not the supported scenario, however you may file a report in the Feedback Hub app and make sure share steps to reproduce the problem.
The registry change is unsupported and causing the issue. The fix is to revert the registry change.

-Eddie

@Reza_Ameri I used the registry to change the size because it was suggested to me on a Microsoft help chat. I was not aware of changing the screen resolution as a possible way to resize the taskbar.

Edit: Thank you for the idea of the resolution change. It resized my taskbar perfectly, and there are no more issues.

Glad it solved the problem, however make sure report the issue with changing the registry through the Feedback Hub app.

@Kilomegaminx 

There is ONE registry entry that needs to be set back to default  MEDIUM.

Text below put in notepad and save as taskbar Date time fix.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"TaskbarSi"=dword:00000001

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kilomegaminx (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Why did you used the registry to change it?
Wasn't it possible to do it by changing the screen resolution?
Change the registry is not the supported scenario, however you may file a report in the Feedback Hub app and make sure share steps to reproduce the problem.

View solution in original post