SOLVED

Windows 11 channels Windows Defender Launching Microsoft Store When Try To Open It

Copper Contributor

Imagine updating your drivers on windows 11, you try to finish the update and it finishes. But then the notification appears about Windows Defender. And it says: ''*Type any random file service name.container* has been blocked from accessing to folders by unneccesary folder.'' And when you tap on it, It says that you need to search the program's name to microsoft store so it redirects you to microsoft store because Windows Defender has not been developed properly for windows 11, you cant change anything secure settings on windows defender and immediately blocks it! Did you guys experienced this kind of problem?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Vitaxboxking100 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Found a fix here: https://appuals.com/windows-defender-not-working-in-latest-windows-11-preview-build-heres-how-to-fix... 

From an elevated PowerShell window, run this command:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage

@PierreInOttawa  Thank you so much for this reply! I appreciated for your reply and support on my Windows insider program post! Wish for your mind and health and body! 

@PierreInOttawa Hello! I'm getting the same problem, but I can't fix it. I put in the code but it gives me an error.  Reset-AppxPackage : Package was not found.
Windows cannot remove Microsoft.SecHealthUI_1000.22000.1.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe because the current user does not
have that package installed. Use Get-AppxPackage to see the list of packages installed.
At line:1 char:51
+ Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Reset-AppxPackage], COMException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Comman
ds.ResetAppxPackageCommand.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Vitaxboxking100 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Found a fix here: https://appuals.com/windows-defender-not-working-in-latest-windows-11-preview-build-heres-how-to-fix... 

From an elevated PowerShell window, run this command:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage

View solution in original post