Windows 11 can't download applications directly from exe. file

Brass Contributor

Recently, I updated the Windows11 version to the latest one, which is 22000.168 co_release. After updating to this version, I found that I can't install applications directly from exe. file so guys anyone know what's going on and how could I fix this problem? :thinking_face: 

15 Replies
Did you received any error message that you can provide to us?
Nope, I didn't receive any error message while opening the exe. file. When I open the file, it shows the loading icon and nothing happens. That's what I saw everytime I tried to install the app. This situation only occur on one exe. file. The app I wanted to download is DrJava. I tried to reinstall other apps and everything is fine, only installing the DrJava app brings the issue.
Try to right-click the executable file and change the compatibility to Windows 7 to see whether you can run this program.
Also, make sure you have installed Java Runtime Environment with 1.5 or above.
How can I check my version of Java Runtime Environment?

@JianYu 

You can check the Java RE via Control Panel or Program and Features. If you are installed with old version or not install Java RE I would suggest you go to Oracle website to download latest version of Java 8 and install then you should be able to run DrJava without issue.

Little_Joe_0-1630490195510.png

OK I will try it now.
Thanks, now it is working well.
i have the same issue of Windows 11 can't download applications directly from exe. file i received error
Are refer to the same program or just a different one?

@JianYu i have the same issue, try to install Photoshop crack version cannot dl and install anything 

@lays_5 

Hi, I can't open one specific .exe file

that same file working fine in another computer

it's a launcher for a game, but there is no error code or anything.

Since it's not opening at all on this computer, i thought the problem might be similar? Thanks

same issue, are you solved it

I am having a similar issue, I tried to run as Windows 7 and that didn't work. The error I receive when I try to open the file is "you need an app to run this file" and then the app store doesn't have anything to run it. It's a regular exe file. They are presets for Adobe lightroom, if that matters at all.