Windows 11 Battery draining while shutdown

New Contributor

I'm facing extensive battery draining after shutdown, its common to have a 4% draining per hr. even if the pc is shutdown.

Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.176.0

5 Replies
This could somehow happen during sleep, but 4%/h is way too much. MP
this is during shutdown, during sleep 1 to 2% is normal
Same problem here...
I turned off my laptop friday afternoon with 85% of battery life. I haven't used during the weekend, today (2 days after) for my surprise it had 54%.

@Tarek89 

I just experienced for my Dell XPS 9570. While plugged in the battery drained to 4% in just a few hours after I told it to "shutdown", which I thought had succeeded.

I've been shutting down since sleep won't work. I thought I had found a foolproof method to save my battery/fan, but I guess not. I really hope these basic power issues get resolved soon.

power drain plugged in off screenshot.jpg

@Tarek89I am facing the same problem. New HP laptop Spectre laptop. WFH hence connected all day, every evening I shutdown and in the morning it's about 50% battery drained. Weekend it goes to 0%. I have the fast startup and hibernation options disabled. This is really annoying as will always need a charger around.

My 4-year-old Surface book 2 still keeps most of the battery charge about 1-2% drain overnight in shutdown. I used to manually drain the battery (use on battery till 5%) once a month to keep the battery healthy.