Windows 10 Update and Activation

Brass Contributor

Last year in April or May I encountered Windows Update problem and noted that there were some components missing or corrupted through DSIM and SFC SCAN. Microsoft team conducted repair works but not perfectly resolved even Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 successfully installed on ‎07/‎03/‎2021 as stated in Update history. In last April, I faced another problem Windows Activation in the course of repair works. I have sent many feedback, but no improvement till now. I really want to know whether the repair work is still workable or not.

55 Replies
What repair are you referring to?
Are you referring to the Windows Update troubleshooter?

@Reza_Ameri Thank you for your prompt response.

The repairs were not referring to Windows Update troubleshooter, which couldn't fix my issue.

The repairs should have been conducting by Microsoft team on-line. My case might be taking over by Windows Insider Build several months ago. Because of ample memory space in my computer, the repairing files were directly sourced in my computer somewhere for updating purpose.

My PC faced blue screens and later green screens.

I have just restarted with the resetting my Windows. Windows Update, Updated failed, Last checked: Today, 8:20 PM with a message "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later."

Go to Accounts> Your info Red message "You need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC."> Activate Windows now.> Activation (leave blank) with Product ID & Product Key shown up>Troubleshoot - Troubleshooting has completed with a message "We can't activate your copy of Windows.
@Reza Ameri My Windows build vb_release 19041, I joined Insider since 21/11/2020.
@HotCakeX After resetting my PC, Windows Activation still failed. Any other possible solution?

Are you facing the same issue in case you boot into the Safe Mode?

@Reza_Ameri I have just attempted Restart with the Safe Mode.

Go to Accounts> Your info Red message "You need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC."> Activate Windows now.> Activation (leave blank) with Product ID & Product Key shown up>Troubleshoot - Troubleshooting has completed with a message "Some interrupted our troubleshooting, Error: 0x80010105. Windows Activation still failed.

Take a look at Troubleshoot problems updating Windows 10 (microsoft.com)
Open start and search for cmd or Command prompt and right click on it and run it as administrator and then type the following command:

sfc /scannow

Press enter and let it runs and see what is the result.

@Reza_Ameri My PC can't use Windows Search and hence I failed to run it as administrator. I previously learned to use the command: sfc /scannow, but haven't used it again after either Windows Search malfunctioning or disabled?

In order to make a trial, I shall be grateful if you can tell me how to fix up Windows Search. I had tried "Troubleshoot" but in vain.

@PS7010 

In this case open start and from the list of applications look for Windows System folder and open it and find the Command Prompt and right click on it and run it as administrator.

Then run the command, it might resolve the issue with the search too.

@Reza_Ameri I'll try this when going back to my PC in office.

By the way, please advise how to resolve the windows search issue too.

@PS7010 

Running the sfc command will resolve multiple issues and it might resolve the issue with the search. I would advise to perform Clean boot, take a look at How to perform a clean boot in Windows (microsoft.com).

Also try boot into the Safe Mode, take a look at Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10 (microsoft.com) 

And check if these issues are being reproduced in these conditions?

I also notice you mark a reply as an answer in this post which didn't solved your issue, you may unmark the answer and only mark a reply as answer when it is really an answer and solved your issue.

@Reza_Ameri It's my first time to join Tech Community and am not aware of the marking procedure for the best answer. I have just unmarked that answer.

In another computer, I tried a rehearsal by using Command Prompt and running it as administrator, then successfully run the command "SFC /SCANNOW". I shall let you know my progress tomorrow.

@Reza_Ameri I open start and from the list of applications look for Windows System folder and open it and find the Command prompt and right click on it, but I can't find the option to run as administrator.

I hold "Shift" and open start to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot Advanced options, then select Command prompttype the command: sfc /scannow, but fail. Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.20210520_164152.jpg

@Reza_Ameri I have done a clean boot and restarted with the Safe Mode.

Go to Accounts> Your info Red message "You need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC."> Activate Windows now.> Activation (leave blank) with Product ID & Product Key shown up>Troubleshoot - Troubleshooting has completed with a message "Some interrupted our troubleshooting, Error: 0x80010105. Windows Activation still failed.

@PS7010 

Are you able to run the command prompt from inside the Windows?

Run the Command prompt as administrator and then run the following commands:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

@Reza_Ameri Yesterday, I was trying to run the Command Prompt from Windows System folder, but after right click I only see "Pin to Start" but no other selection for run the Command Prompt as administrator. Alternatively, whether I can try insider the Windows PowerShell and run it as administrator. If workable, I shall make an attempt in the afternoon.

I have done a rehearsal for DISM commands in another computer at home and find them workable. I shall let you know the further development in my PC later.

@Reza_Ameri I have just tried but couldn't find the options for running as administrator for both the Command Prompt and Windows PowerShell. Hence, I was unable run the command prompt from inside the Windows. Maybe, my administrator power was limited by Microsoft Team or caused by virus. Please refer to the attached photos.

Besides, I have attempted Startup Repair but in vain. Please also refer to the attached photo.

Command PromptCommand PromptWindows PowershellWindows PowershellStartup RepairStartup Repair