SOLVED

Windows 10 Insider Preview 17666.1000 (rs_prerelease) - Error 0x8007065e

Copper Contributor

Was recently notified about update 17666.1000 and attempted update several times and have received error 0x8007065e several times. Anyone else able to update to this release or have a solution?  

23 Replies

Same issue with mine only my code is 0x8024200d

Bumping thread to report same issue. Windows has tried installing this several times only to fail repeatedly. I've uninstalled both recent Microsoft updates and recently installed programs, I've wiped the Software Distribution folder, I've turned off both my VPN and antivirus software, all to no avail. A fix would be greatly appreciated.

My Problem is
Windows 10 Insider Preview 17666.1000 (rs_prerelease) - Error 0x80070002

Last failed install attempt on ‎5/‎14/‎2018 - 0x8024200d for me 

UPDATE: Dont know how but it took 2 days for my Pro 4 to install the update...

I tried it 3 times to update & got success also, but after configuration of windows update ( till 75% ), it provide an error & Reset the previous version of Windows.

But now I'm trying a new step.

1. I'll clean the updates log using disk cleanup. ( Press Alt+Enter on C drive, click on disk cleanup where we have to select all files & click on clean files. It will ask for delete then click on it )

2. Then open CMD as administrator & give a command :- sfc /scannow   to fix/reset/configure system file.

3. Then search Windows Memory Diagnostic through start menu and click the first option to solve problems if it contains.

And also launch Windows Update Troubleshoot for Windows update error...

I wish it might help for this problem.....

Me too - I get a 0x8024200D error but install just keeps cycling round.
Now Microsoft gives a new update
Windows 10 Insider Preview 17672.1000
I wish it will be recover that error which we were facings..
Now check for new update
Windows 10 Insider Preview 17672.1000
I wish it will be recover that error which we were facings..

I see that update now, will also attempt an install and post results

best response confirmed by David J Murphy (Copper Contributor)
Solution

build 1672.rs_prerelease.180511-1455 was successful and seems to have resolved all issues I was having with other build failing/error message - and some odd bugginess that I had been seeing after attempting previous pre-release install. I'll poke around and see if I can break anything, but right now looks good. 

Even I experienced the same problem. There is an easy solution for that. Download windows update troubleshooter from the given link below and run it. It asks you to apply some fixes and you will be super done when you apply all those fixes. It worked for me.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027322/windows-update-troubleshooter

Hope it works for you too.
Let me know 

Thank you... Issue resolved

so not specifically related to this tech/error message, but something I will also post to the "FEEDBACK HUB" for pre-release folks. I tend to post my feedback here in the insider program community, as feedback would be issues encountered where help is likely being sought, and further as the feedback hub is not a option from the tech community pages, I'm hoping that someone from MSFT is reading these pages and inputs my suggestion somewhere that the feedback hub should be a link from tech community pages or an option in a drop down rather than a separate link. Just sayin..........  

I've done all that and still cannot install updates.  I'm getting a little tired of the updates not installing.  I have to go through this every time now and MS is no help.

Still getting the same error:

Windows 10 Insider Preview 17672.1000 (rs_prerelease) - Error 0x80070005

Don't count on it getting fixed, EVER!

Did you also try the link from another response below?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027322/windows-update-troubleshooter

Have to say I have actually had great success with MSFT online support - either through instructions which I then applied/actioned or allowing them a remote admin session to fix my issues.  the pre-release 17672 installed first attempt and was successful for me.  Only other suggestions I would offer would be to do some disc cleanup, optimizations, storage clean up, maybe a defrag, make sure your drivers are up to date etc... and then try again. Alternatively pause windows insider updates for awhile and wait for the next update to try again. 

Big Thanks. Working On Me. Annotation.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by David J Murphy (Copper Contributor)
Solution

build 1672.rs_prerelease.180511-1455 was successful and seems to have resolved all issues I was having with other build failing/error message - and some odd bugginess that I had been seeing after attempting previous pre-release install. I'll poke around and see if I can break anything, but right now looks good. 

View solution in original post