Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.17713.1002

Copper Contributor

Just had this update install. Edge (beta) and windows store say not connected to internet. Chrome and email confirm I am. Have rolled back and all fine but it just keeps re-installing. have done it three times - same fault every time. Tried to stop insider builds, it rolls back then tries to re-install again.

15 Replies
Same here. It's up for reinstallation 3rd time now, and I don't want it! It's writing to the windows log the same error at the speed of 1.3 MB/s.

Tried to leave the insider programme. It rolled back to the previous version (no probs) and now wants to reinstall the new version for a 4th time. I'd read if you leave it will roll back to the last public version. 

I've been messing with this for 2 days (uninstalled updates, jumped forward to 17682.1000, nothing worked) and finally got past the issue.  Control Panel-->Network and Internet-->Network Connections... then right click on your domain/ethernet connection to access properties.  As soon as I checked Internet Protocol Version 6/IPV6 and clicked okay, boom, everything is back up and running.  Edge, Microsoft Store, etc... hope this is helpful to someone.

Ah ha! I already tried this but no difference. Shows no network access on ipv6:frowning_face: whether enabled orwnot

@Brook Dickerson wrote:

I've been messing with this for 2 days (uninstalled updates, jumped forward to 17682.1000, nothing worked) and finally got past the issue.  Control Panel-->Network and Internet-->Network Connections... then right click on your domain/ethernet connection to access properties.  As soon as I checked Internet Protocol Version 6/IPV6 and clicked okay, boom, everything is back up and running.  Edge, Microsoft Store, etc... hope this is helpful to someone.

Mine still shows no IPV6 access as well, but for some reason, that was what did it for me.  Sorry it didn't work for you.

Efetuei este procedimento e funcionou, não apenas o Microsoft Edge, também outros aplicativos que estavam com problemas de conexão de Internet. :ok_hand:

Thank you this trick fixed my issue too.

I tried it again with the fix. Still thr same and no ipv6 network access. Ran ipv6test on my tablet and def getting it from my router/isp :( Back to old version for 4th time.

Have you tried jumping forward to 17728.1000 and then checking IPV6?  That is the build I was actually on... after I had such issues with 17713.1002.  I jumped ahead to 17728.1000, still had issues, and then checked the IPV6 box.

Cheers man, it's been baffling me for a week or so now!

Fixed it. went into powershell admin and ran:

netsh winsock catalog.

then:

netsh int ipv6 reset rest.log..

This fixed my ipv6 problem then I let the update run and now all fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DddlBkwBRM

This setting does not change anything in my system. After 43% of update sequence, the system still undoes the installation.

Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.17713.1002 (rs5_release) (7)

Last failed install attempt on ‎02-‎08-‎2018 - 0xc1900101

I also had to edit the Registry Key, HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters\DisabledComponents
and change it to 0, because it was set to 0xFFFFFFFF, to disable IPV6.

For me, it's also the 4th time it tries to re-install. I can't stop it but for a few days. Then I have to roll back, and again... Is Microsoft sadistic?