Windows 10 Home Insider Preview - Build 21296.rs_prerelease.210115-1423 - Network Scanner

Copper Contributor

Hello community,

i.ve upgraded yesterday from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Home Insider Preview - build 21296.rs_prerelease.210115-1423.

On my old configuration Nitro Pro 13 was able to find my network scanner when i tried to scan from scanner inside the program. After upgrading to the latest windows prerelease i can.t select any scanner. I got an Canon scanner and a HP network scanner. But i can.t select any scanner.

The drivers for network scan are installed on my machine and they are working corecty if i scan a picture with windows fax and scan. 

I tried other PDF Editors to try and see if it.s a Nitro Pro problem. But it seems no other PDF Editor like PDF Architect 8 can find the scanner.

I installed Horland Scan2Pdf 7 x64 to see if i can scan. there is an option to use the alternate scanner driver inside this program and it works. If i use WIA driver inside this programm works as well.

What could be the problem ? 

4 Replies

-  found the solution - if you install in windows - twain_32 folder - more than 2 different printer & scan twain driver - you have to delete one twain_32 driver to have only one active printer in that twain_32 folder. Now my scanner can be detected in Nitro Pro 13.

Thanks.

Hi,
glad to know you figured out the solution,
could you please mention the full path for the "twain_32" folder ?

@HotCakeX C:\Windows\twain_32