windows 10 home 32 bit memory

Copper Contributor

was wondering why my win 10 home 32 bit was so slow and when I was checking for a update I clicked on  OS BUILD info and low and behold there it was 16 gigs of memory available BUT only 2 gigs usable ??? win XP at least left you use 3.8 gigs usable. what's up with that

7 Replies
Hi,
which Windows insider build are you using?

win 10 pro ,version 1903 installed 11/25/19,,os build 1903.1

Oh that's not insider.
anyway, is there any reason why you're using 32bit OS while you have 16GB RAM?

also try updating your Windows to the latest version, 1909 aka november update.
through Windows update or from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

well first I thought that the version of windows was the version of insider where do I find that?... and the reason is way back when windows 10 was a theory and I got on as a beta tester I've always wanted to find the differences between versions so I could help friends decide what to buy,, ie: it all started with windows 3.11 for workgroups and dos 6.0.. the reason for 16 gigs is I also run win 7 pro and win 10 pro on different hard drives and they will use all of it for media presentations and video editing,,, BUT THAT STILL DOESN'T ANSWER WHY windows 10 pro 32 bit version ONLY USES 2 GIGS?? like I said even windows XP used 3.8, but thanks for the reply anyway

@deeterfox 

@deeterfox wrote:

well first I thought that the version of windows was the version of insider where do I find that?... and the reason is way back when windows 10 was a theory and I got on as a beta tester I've always wanted to find the differences between versions so I could help friends decide what to buy,, ie: it all started with windows 3.11 for workgroups and dos 6.0.. the reason for 16 gigs is I also run win 7 pro and win 10 pro on different hard drives and they will use all of it for media presentations and video editing,,, BUT THAT STILL DOESN'T ANSWER WHY windows 10 pro 32 bit version ONLY USES 2 GIGS?? like I said even windows XP used 3.8, but thanks for the reply anyway

here is how to find out whether or not you are part of the Windows insider program

you see I'm on the fast ring

Annotation 2019-11-26 224624.png

here is how to see your Windows version and that stuff

Annotation 2019-11-26 224741.png

I don't know why you are seeing 2gbs on a 32bit OS, that doesn't sound right to me. I can't remember when was the last time I used a 32bit OS, it was probably before year 2009, 10 years ago.

you can dual boot Win 7 pro x64 and Win 10 pro x64 on the same system no problem.

though Win 7 is pretty dead now, in about 1 month (January 14th 2020) it's gonna stop receiving any updates, including security updates and patches etc.

ok thanks that's were I got my info,I'll just use my 64 bit version Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING

You're welcome, Happy Thanksgiving day! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ