Window 11 upgrade has failed error code 0x8007007f

Copper Contributor

Window 11 upgrade has failed error code 0x8007007f

34 Replies
I got an error on line 1:
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> sfc /SCANNOW

Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.

Any suggestion on what the problem might be?
Tried Salman's method and didnt work but thank you for the suggestion! Running as admin did it for me, However its strange, I didnt have to do this last time... All working thanks all
I did all that and I get the following error
"We couldn't update the system reserved partition"

I ended up uninstalling Windows and re-installing. That took care of the problem.

Tried all these tips and still error
I need to know how to install 11 as administrator.
I don't know how to do it.
HELP

I reinstalled windows 11 where I kept my files and that is what worked for me.......make sure you a backup and disk image before you try. I use macrium and it's back up works like a charm @treebluedogs 

Despite the install assistant asking for admin by itself when started, starting it as admin still made the difference and brought me past the dreaded 71%.

@treebluedogsIf you are using a file you can right click it and choose run as administrator.

I can also confirm that today I suffered the same issue, running the Windows 11 update 'as admin' worked to get me past the error.

Please check the hardware requirement and see if your device meets the minimum specifications. If not, you may upgrade your device.

Having the same problem@willk7 

Cannot install Windows 11

Tried as Admin, ran all scan commands 

rebooted in clean mode safe error 0x8007007f.

My Windows 10 HP machine says it meets all hardware requirements for Windows 11

Please help

thx

Same - Stopped dead at 71% during the installation portion.  Right Clicked to run as Admin on the .exe and it resolved this issue for me.

-Thanks for the help everyone!

Run as admin... of course!

Thx Err0r404

Run as admin worked for me as well to pass the 71% Barrier. Thanks so much!!

My "me too" for "Run as Administrator". Nice one.

@Err0r404This helped me too. I am only at 78% so far but at least I made it past the 71% threshold LOL. How running in admin mode made the difference I don't understand. Running an install app for upgrading to a newer version of the current OS should automatically set itself to admin mode and request login credentials if needed.