SOLVED

Window 11's window insider preivew (dev channel) Can't open window defender

Copper Contributor

So I have experienced an issue with window defenders which it can't open window defenders for a few reasons. That I did attempt fixing which is 
"PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage"
In window Powershell with Administrator and I did try to check the window update then say "you're up to date" which is not true because I am an issue with window defender like can't open or anything that is a really major issue. So "Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage" was run then nothing happen.... so then I have to write "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" then showing bunch error so you can see below.

JaxxonMoretti_0-1655747309312.png

JaxxonMoretti_1-1655747353036.png

12-1.png

12-2.png

  

3 Replies
best response confirmed by JaxxonMoretti (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello,
Based on your first screenshot you should run the following cmdlets it should fix your problem:
Get-AppxPackage -allusers *SecHealthUI* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
It's solved problem and thank you
Thank you so much for this, I was trying to run this solution:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage

However, I was getting errors and was stuck until I came across this post. Once I ran the code in Powershell (as admin):

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *SecHealthUI* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

then the following code:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage

I now have access back to Windows Security Centre.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JaxxonMoretti (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello,
Based on your first screenshot you should run the following cmdlets it should fix your problem:

View solution in original post