SOLVED

Win11 taskbar only at the bottom of the screen - it needs to be changed!

52 Replies
I find that the ability to customize the taskbar is great!
Missing this in Windows11 is strange – as a Microsoft community you have to report
errors in the development of Win11 - because that's how I judge!
Please write reviews on this topic - welcome!
best response confirmed by A1 (Gold Contributor)
Solution

Yes, customizability should always be an option for the users.

There is feedback posted in the feedback hub about this, if users want to view, upvote and comment on it over there. Use this link - https://aka.ms/AAd2ifw

Yes thank you very much please such a notification, that's why this post!

I believe that you need to write on the forum about changes that are not beneficial to use
Windows11 !
I have a taskbar at the top of the screen on all computers - hidden-when you hover the cursor is visible, I do not understand why Win11 removed it?
ergonomically, the bar at the bottom of the screen is not comfortable and it does not suit me!
please write what you think!'

Unfortunately, already new changes affect partially version ( 19043.1237 ) of Windows10.
The taskbar can be moved, but it becomes transparent after opening the application - it is left only as the icons themselves, it is more difficult to see them on a colored background without contrast - as it was before - this is a handicap for people with poor vision!

PLEASE GIVE US CHOICE!! Just because Apple does it doesn't mean MSFT should too! Please stop trying to be a copycat and allow us to ungroup!

@A1 

Users should be able to customize their experience, including placing the taskbar in the optimal location for their work habits.

I don't get what was wrong with the feature that it had to be 'removed'. In W10, you could select whether you want to use it or not, which was perfect for everyone. Now it's forced. This is bleeding efficiency and productivity. Please get the feature back!!
Why on earth did you not allow ungroup items on the taskbar - please put this back it currently hell on earth and kills productivity - grrrr
Have they still not changed it!!!.... This needs more steam. I think Im gonna go back to W10...this W11 is BS

@Carole66  I agree, Windows 10 was much more user friendly and configurable.

It needs to be changed.  How do we contact Microsoft support to get this disaster corrected??@A1 

@atomicdawg36 

I have used the Help option on the menu bar and used the Suggest a Feature to let them know I was not happy that this very useful feature in Windows 10 was removed in Windows 11.

@atomicdawg36 

Hi all, thank you very much for your support, there is a chance that users will be able to change the location of the taskbar - surely you still need to report it to Microsoft as a suggestion!

This is the best way:

Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app

Please bring back the option to "ungroup" items on the task bar!  Having to alt/tab through 15-20 windows at a time is severely time-consuming. 

@Mykie1971 While I definitely do not have as many grouped task bar items as you do, I agree that the option needs to be restored.  Make sure that you also send this request to Microsoft sing one of the previously mentioned methods.

The Taskbar really needs to have the ability to ungroup, it slows things down having to look and pick which window in the group you want instead of just picking the one you want.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by A1 (Gold Contributor)
Solution

Yes, customizability should always be an option for the users.

There is feedback posted in the feedback hub about this, if users want to view, upvote and comment on it over there. Use this link - https://aka.ms/AAd2ifw

View solution in original post