Win11 taskbar crashes and reloads when moving an icon (GIF uploaded)

Copper Contributor

G5HeYC.gif 

It happens when I dropped an icon to a new position. Not everytime I dropped but quite often it happens. 

10 Replies
I'm having the same issue, what's up with this! It's soo annoying, happens every time!

Since when this problem started?
Try update Windows and update your graphic card driver.
Open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.

It started immediately after installing Windows 11. Okay, I'll use the Feeback Hub app to send a report.
Have you tried check for update?
Even if it is fresh install of Windows, there might be a pending updates.
Also update your drivers.
Thanks!
After I upgraded to Win11, it worked well for a few days, then it never worked. I installed every update packs but it didn't help. The graphic driver is latest version(by the way it's a GeForce RTX 2060)
OK, I am going to send a feedback.
I am still having this issue!
Try to go back to previous build to see if this happens, meanwhile file a report with Feedback Hub app to let MS investigating this issue.
Reporting would be helpful, and the Windows team will investigate the issue.
You may try performing a Clean Boot and see if the problem persists?
Have a look at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...

@Reza_Ameri @Little_Joe @RogerEllisJr 

I removed all the links in "C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar", unpined them on taskbar and add them back little by little. I have not recovered all the icons yet, but It's working well for the moment.

Thank you for the update.