Why cant I install Windows 11

Copper Contributor

A friend was helping me install Windows 11 but It tells me I do not meet the system requirements for Windows 11. After reading the requirements I do indeed meet the system requirements, so I nor my friend understand why I cant install Windows 11.

4 Replies

@BigbyXD  I am having the same problem I even did the pc health check windows 11 system requirements test and that say I can install it but settings still says I cant

Sorry i could not answer much earlier but the over all answer is bios configuration.

Before i start word of caution on install Windows 11:

Make sure you have back up of your entire computer and separation back up of the registry on external hard drive as if you run into issue its your life line to get your system back to normal.

Have pen and paper before you start and if you have a mobile phone take pictures of your bios current set up and any changes you make, do the same with your current settings as Windows 11 changes are going to shock end users whom have not been testing it.

Not only do you got to turn on TPM but you must set the UEFI feature correctly.

UEFI in the bios can be arrange like so UEFI with Legacy Support in the CSM side that need to change to UEFI only.

You also need to ensure DVD, Networking and USB are all set to use UEFI feature then save and exit upon restart at the bios text screen Press the key to enter the bios again then check the setting has been recorded.

Follow this up checking all the other settings have not change on some Motherboards under the legacy settings their is hidden extra's that can be set for extra support these are not accessible under UEFI at first so you may have to double check them by saving and exiting and reentering the bios.

Occasionally the UEFI locks the bios changes out so be careful here if you get a second older hard drive and use that as a test run to ensure bios is configure right.

If so proceed or If not and the bios wont change then you need to reset it two ways i found helps

That where the second hard drive comes into play first one is to set up the operating system on it by passing the product key ( as so as not to ruin your chances of Activation later on) and once into the desktop go to recovery and choose restart the computer into UEFI feature this allows you to reenter the bios and make changes (doing this may unlock it if not then proceed with next step)

Hard reset of the bios this is annoying you can just try bios reset as describe by your manufacture (but i found it did not work for me) i had to physically remove the cmos battery pull the power cord out and wait whole day for bios to finally restore to default.

but i have it working and now have Windows 11 installed and running perfectly well on my first computer working on the second as i type this for the official launch version.

That's why how i came across the issue UEFI Bios changes, TPM and W11 requirements.

Its not straight forward process for end users whom are not experience enough with that side of the system.

secondly the internal configuration of Windows 11 is time consuming and very long process due to where they have hidden everything so ensure you leave 3 days to install configure and test before you are happy.
one’s PC must have UEFI secure boot capability and TPM version 2.0 in order to upgrade to the latest Windows 11 . you need to able the TPM 2.0, then try to upgrade to windows 11, and if you want to upgrade to win 11 pro , you can get a windows 11 pro key from www.keyingo.com , it is a legit Microsoft partner online store
Try the windows 11 iso to upgrade to latest windows 11 I am giving you the link below that will help you to upgrade latest windows 11 without any issue.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11