When Windows 11 will support 7gen i7-7500U intel processcor

Brass Contributor

Hii everyone

I have aroud 4 years old computer(running Windows10) that has the i7-7500U intel CPU.
I checked with the "PC health check" app, and the only missing requirment update to windows 11 is the proccessor.

Does Micorsoft will update the Windows11 to support this CPU also?

thank you very much for helping!

108 Replies
Of course that will work, the registry hack is fine :)

@Deleted 

i just have 1 yellow and 1 red

registry hack will solve this problem, right?

Hello, I have an i5-7300u so processor wise it should be okay. Also are you able to turn on secure boot on your computer?

Yes it will fix though do you have tpm 1.2 and you will do this at your own risk?

Let me know if you are able to turn on secure eboot

@Deleted 

i already have tpm 2.0 but when i tried to turn secure boot on and change to uefi mode... my pc cant boot to windows (with registry hack method)

but when i tried this " delete appraiserres.dll " https://youtu.be/CDLsbHijs3c I can get to this step. (attached photo)

but i'm not ready to install

I wouldn't install it if I were you if you cant' change it to secure boot as that is one of the core elements of Windwos and even though you can install windows 11. it may not work afte.
I would be very cautious about this, MBR to GPT convert your system disk to GPT. This will reformat the drive and do a clean installation. Please make sure to backup al lyoru files and make sure all license keys are safe.

It would be best to reach out to support.microsoft.com/contactus: Make sure to be signed in personal account.

1: Go to website

2: Choose gelp

3: Type "Talk to Agent"

4: Choose contact support

5: Windows, Techincal

6: Chat in browser

Or contact your manufacture or OEM like Dell, Surface, or Hp.
Please ignore previous post as you mentioned you re in GPT, I guess you will have to update your BIOS?

I am not sure, best to contact your OEM.

@Eyal_Elboim Hi Eyal, I got my update today. Even I am using an Intel i7-7500U processor.  Though, the PC health check app showed my processor is not supported I got my windows 11 update. 

really? via windows update in the settings? when i go to windows update it shows that i can't upgrade.
Hi yes. Even i can't believe it. yesterday i got it. It says successfully updated to windows 11. Windows health check app still says I can't upgrade to windows 11 because my processor is not supported. I didn't do any manual update as it's risky.
have you installed 2021-10 KB5006670 before the upgrade appears?
So it was a blue banner that says Windows 11 is here? Do you have photo?

I can't update yet, but your news are amazing. probaby I will be able to in the next few days

I have TPM 2.0 but i changed the CPU registry but it will still not work

Warning:

Microsoft recommends against installing Windows 11 on a device that does not meet the Windows 11 minimum system requirements. If you choose to install Windows 11 on a device that does not meet these requirements, and you acknowledge and understand the risks, you can create the following registry key values and bypass the check for TPM 2.0 (at least TPM 1.2 is required) and the CPU family and model.

Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup

Name: AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU

Type: REG_DWORD

Value: 1

Note: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
Did you use this one? You have to restart computer after doing so

Same problem, 3 year old Toshiba Portage, still under warrantee, not supported 

Crazy 

@sully001 Just checked that page (2021-10-21) and the 7500U doesn't seem to be on the list :cry:

thats a video on youtube.. that might help you and others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YVVri9CyzQ

How to Install Windows 11 on Unsupported PC | Unsupported Hardware | Five Minutes Tutorials