Weird UAC text in Windows 11 Insider Preview

Copper Contributor

Hello I am on Windows 11 preview builds here is the info for OS

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎15-‎07-‎2021
OS build 22000.100
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 421.18901.0.3

The main problem is that the UAC prompt shows weird button text like attached screenshot. Is this the same issue with others?

25 Replies
best response confirmed by ashish8141 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ashish8141

Yep. Can verify the same issue here.

Windows 11 Pro for Workstations, Build 22000.100

Ukbxhhg

Are you seeing this message for all programs or it happens sometimes.
This is a bug for sure and make sure report it through the Feedback Hub app.
I see some users are also reporting same issue in other MS forums, so it looks like common issue. I highly recommend you to report this via Feedback hub.
It's for all apps. Thanks yes I did submitted report through feedback hub app.
Thanks did it.
Glad, the Windows team will investigate and for those who are facing the same issue, make sure visit the Feedback Hub and upvote it.

Same  here   but  my (dutch) version  has an "A" in the right button , left button reads "Mij onthouden" 

This is great help!

I did wonder if this was a virus or malware but this help to remove that possibility. I hope in a later patch for the insider this will be fix.

Thanks to all who also replied with this issue.
it been fix

@tristanferguson 

Do you know how it was fixed? mine is still doing it

Hi all,
i think it's a language pack update issue, try to update all your apps on the microsoft store. That resolved the issue for me with the Italian language pack. It's one of the solution in the feedback hub topic to this issue.

@marcomianothat was  the  solution , all packages  updated and  the problem has  gonr  away , many thanks  (up  to the next  issue)

@john1950Not fixed for me. Just installed fresh copy of Windows 11. All apps are up to date and still have the same Remember me / C text box in UAC

for me, the update is not in Settings / Windows Update.
start the Windows Store and check for updates in that.
looks like the language packs are not updated via Windows Update, but via the Windows Store.
@oguldon Thanks so much for this. You were correct the Local Experience Pack update from Microsoft Store fixed the issue. Why in the gods doesnt this stuff just come in windows update though, isn't that what it's for?
You're right, it SHOULD be in the windows update.
Please check in the (win11) microsoft store , section biblio... , and download the updates.
This fixed it for me
It might be a update, you need to keep the updated
I had the same issue which was fixed by updating the Language Pack thanks for the suggestions here so Thank you all.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ashish8141 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ashish8141

Yep. Can verify the same issue here.

Windows 11 Pro for Workstations, Build 22000.100

Ukbxhhg

View solution in original post