W10 Insider Dev Channel Build 21343 expiring but unab;e to upgrade to ANY subsequent build

Copper Contributor

Build 21343 expiring/expired on Dev Channel PC.  Many Group Policy settings are preventing me from running basic services, so I've been unable to upgrade to any subsequent W10 x64 Pro build without doing clean install.  I am able to run most/(all?) services from Power Shell Admin, but still unable to run Windows Update Troubleshooter (error similar to "cannot validate troubleshooter - msdt.exe).

Any suggestions appreciated - at wits end.  This is one of 5 machines I have in W10 Insider.  Cannot figure this one out.

5 Replies
Hi,
Windows Insider Program does not release Win10 with Dev Channel anymore... So far only provide with Preview Release Channel. By the info that you provided you do have to perform a clean installation in order to continue fighting.
Little_Joe,
Thanks for your reply. This system sat unused for a few months which is why I failed to update it.
Do you know if my Group Policy issues are a result of the expiring Build 21343? I've checked both Computer and User policies and no policies have been set. I also did a SECPOL reset and that had no impact either.
How can I troubleshoot what is causing the Group Policy issues? Any ideas.
Nope, this have nothing to do with GPO... Period to MS announcement you have to install the latest version of Insider Preview Build in order to extend the life time of the OS.

@jfl97 

Hi , because Microsoft no longer continues the dev channel. for Windows10 - the only solution is to perform a clean installation, Windows10, or Windows11 (if the computer meets the requirements)

I do not see the possibility of upgrading to a higher version - via Update .  

Updating from an expiring Insider Preview build - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

Yes, correct to my previously comment that you probably only can install the latest version for Preview Release Channel only as so far Beta & Insider Channel does not provide with Win10 anymore.