SOLVED

Virtual Computer Platform causes my PC to stuck on Boot, when having 2 NVME M2 Drives installed

Copper Contributor

My situation is the following:

I installed Windows 11, Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 are active.
Windows 11 is stable so far. Now I want to activate "Platform for virtual machines" under "Windows Features". If I activate this and restart the PC, it gets stuck when booting

Without participating in the Insider Program, Windows automatically updated to OS Build 22000.348

After the system being stuck on boot, I shut it down and reset the BIOS.

Then I can boot the system and virtualization is active and I can use WSL2 with Ubuntu 20.04 BUT after a reboot my pc is stuck in boot again and I have to reset the BIOS again...

So every morning when I start my computer, I have to reset the BIOS in order to boot win11 with virtualization function.

I want to use WSL2 with Cuda support for student activites :(

Sidenote: On Windows 10, Virtual computer platform worked without any problems. It started with the BIOS combinations of disabeling CSM for activating secure boot and TPM 2.0 (At least that is my experience)

Specs:

Systemhersteller Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

Systemmodell Z370 AORUS ULTRA GAMING WIFI

BIOS-Version/-Datum American Megatrends Inc. F15, 13.11.2021

BIOS-Modus UEFI

Prozessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 MHz, 6 Kern(e), 12 logische(r) Prozessor(en) Installierter physischer Speicher (RAM) 32,0 GB

Sicherer Startzustand Ein

Please let me know if more details are needed.

Regards,

Jan

Update:

I was able to track the issue down to the usage of my 2nd NVME M2 Drive.
It worked under Windows 10 with Virtual Computer Platform enabled and 2 NVME drives, but with Windows 11 it seems to be another story...
What is happening?

Feedback would be highly appreciated

Regards

2 Replies
best response confirmed by JanBr779 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JanBr779 

Hi, or in another Microsoft space - have you tried to get help?

Results in Windows - Microsoft Community

Surely it is The Win11 security that may be causing the problem - please report it in the Feedback Hub app - this will reach the Microsoft engineering team - you can also enable in the privacy settings the transmission of optional diagnostic data to Microsoft - error logs 

they will help to fix and analyze it!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JanBr779 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JanBr779 

Hi, or in another Microsoft space - have you tried to get help?

Results in Windows - Microsoft Community

Surely it is The Win11 security that may be causing the problem - please report it in the Feedback Hub app - this will reach the Microsoft engineering team - you can also enable in the privacy settings the transmission of optional diagnostic data to Microsoft - error logs 

they will help to fix and analyze it!

View solution in original post