Upgrading Windows 10 to 11

Copper Contributor

Hi guys, im gonna test, the brand new Windows 11 pro, but, im gona lose all my data?, or only apps, or nothing. thank you!!

9 Replies
You may keep your data and applications and upgrade to the Windows 11 insider program. However, the Windows 11 is still under the testing and evaluation and might cause error in your system and unexpected behavior cause data lost. Therefore never run it on PC you are depend on and backup your data before the upgrade.
Yes I agree with you !
There is no stable version of Windows11 yet - tests are currently underway and there may be unexpected bugs!
I've been running it since the first day it was releases on the Dev Channel, and usually start by testing in a virtual environment.

Have fun testing!

David

@David_Bradette 

Hi
For me it is a shock that the taskbar is at the bottom of the screen - i do not want it!
what do you think?

@A1 

I'm liking most stuff so far. I myself prefer the taskbar on the bottom, so the Windows 11 taskbar only having the option to be on the bottom is okay with me, however it is a good point brought up by many people to have the option to be able to move it to either the side, or the top of the screen.

David

@David_Bradette 

Thank you for your reply .
I use high contrast and I have a black screen and taskbar - hidden at the top of the screen!
Unfortunately, he criticizes the inability to personalize - taskbar - Microsoft engineers should fix it!
Many users do not know about it - write negative tire as you see problems - you need to report!

Andrzej

Hello everyone, i made a Backup of my files, and upgraded correctly to Windows 11 Pro, working fine, very smooth and fast, but, doesn't work the ethernet with VLAN, i'm thinking to Roll Back.
I´m triying to solved this problem.

Thanks for your help.

(When in Press Alt+F4, explorer crash and restart)

@sebasGST 

Congratulations!
WLAN try turning off the power and check the network requirements again!