SOLVED

Unable to update Windows 10 Insider Preview 17063.1000 (rs_prerelease)

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Currently, I'm using Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17025.rs_prerelease.171020-1626

As windows launched update with a new version 17063.1000, I'm unable to update.

Each time system restarts and update runs for a while. Then, it rolls back to previous version of windows.

Error Code is - 0xc1900101.

Please help

67 Replies

I'm having the exact same problem.

same problem but after a few trials  I finally get rid of that

I have tried 8 times. But all went in vain 

best response confirmed by Erik Moreau (MVP)
Solution

Hi,

This code refers to a possible driver issue, please refer to c:\windows\panther\setuperr.log & setupact.log  to find out which driver is blocking your upgrade, if possible remove / update the driver / software for the upgrade

(if you get an access denied error on the logfile, just copy the files somewhere before opening them)

Hope this helps

Erik

Hi Erik,

Thanks for sharing the info. Required file stating issue was found in subfolders under Panther directory. 

Exact problem was disk space. While update was showing required space of 23GB, but actual space required during installation was 27GB. I had only 25GB space. Because of that, it was not updating.

Alok 

Hi Kevin.
My problem is solved.
Exact problem was disk space. While update was showing required space of 23GB, but actual space required during installation was 27GB. I had only 25GB space. Because of that, it was not updating. Required file stating issue was found in subfolders under Panther directory. Refer to Erik's reply for the further info.

I have the same problem. Only errorcode 0xd0000001. Tried the  problem solver from Windows, but it didn't help. (After saying it solved the errors)

Tried 8 times to update to 17063, but no positive results.

Hi Paul,

Can you  refer to c:\windows\panther\setuperr.log & setupact.log and tell us what is causing to stop the updates.

If is also possible that windows has created another folder inside panther. You have to look for setupree.log and setupact.log files.

Alternatively, You an upload the both files here. 

-Alok

Hi Alok,

Enclosed the files. (zip)

Have also the same problem on my Asus Chi300 transformer book.

Would be nice if you find a solution.

thanks, Paul

Hi Paul,

Although files was not much helpful to me. But I have noticed one thing.

Your system TIME and DATE is incorrect. The error code you stated 0xD0000001 is associated with STORE error. Can you try updating after changing the date and time?

Check the System Date and Time on your computer. If they are showing incorrect values, then follow the steps below and correct the time and date according to your time zone.

• Press Windows key + R key on your keyboard

• Type “Control" and click on "Date and Time".

• Click Change date and time button (To change the time zone click on time zone tab).

• Click Apply and OK to save the date and time.

Also have you gone through the solution given in following link?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/error-code-0xd0000001-in-...

Hi Alok,

Time and date are correct. (See picture)

Going to read the link.

When succes, I will post it here.

Thanks,

Paul

Alok,

This didn't work. Even changing to a former date did not help.

Now time and date are automatically assigned on base of location.

Uninstalled some programs. Maybe that will work.

krrp you informed.

gr. Paul

Alok,

On my Asus 300 Chi i have another error:  0x8024200d

But the same experience with the update. Rolling back after restart.

Nice evening, 

Paul

Thanks Alok,

Unfortunately the file is not available anymore....

Download Windows update reset script for Computers running Windows 10

Kind regards, Paul

I've the same problem [Windows 10 Insider Preview 17063.1000 (rs_prerelease) 0xc1900101] but i've 90Gb of free space on disk. Before upgrade all working well, after i read many error on setuperr.log

Happy Wishes

Alok,

By the way, suddenly the update on my Asus Chi 300 worked....so that is fine. At the moment my PC  did 13 attempts to update....

Could be a driver, but in fact Microsoft should solve the problem...

Nice days, and a happy new year.

Paul

I'm having the same issue updating to Windows 10 Insider Preview 17063.1000 (rs_prerelease). However, I currently have Windows 10 Insider preview 17046 installed. My system has attempted and failed to install Build 17063 3 times since it's release. I also get the failed install error: 0xc1900101

I haven't had this issue with previous insider preview builds. Anyone have success with getting past this issue?

Skip

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Erik Moreau (MVP)
Solution

Hi,

This code refers to a possible driver issue, please refer to c:\windows\panther\setuperr.log & setupact.log  to find out which driver is blocking your upgrade, if possible remove / update the driver / software for the upgrade

(if you get an access denied error on the logfile, just copy the files somewhere before opening them)

Hope this helps

Erik

View solution in original post