Unable To Uninstall Latest Feature Update (Windows 11)

Copper Contributor

I’ve been wanting to uninstall windows 11 beta, but when I go to the recovery environment and go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Uninstall Updates > Uninstall latest feature update. It gives me an error. The error is:

“We ran into a problem and won’t be able to uninstall the latest feature update of Windows. Try resetting your pc instead (Troubleshoot > Reset this PC).”

Can anyone help with this?

6 Replies

I am also facing this issue. Go back button from Recovery doesn't work as well. I'm desperately trying to undo this, but I cannot find anything anywhere.

Any help is profoundly appreciated, I don't want to reset it and lose my data.

Try open start and search for feedback and open Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
Has this been fixed yet cause I have the exact same issue 5 months later?

@DiscoDude  I am also facing this issue can anyone plz help me

@Anelegumede this happened to me after the latest update. Every option is closed to me, even the restore points are useless. I have LITERALLY  tried everything in the advanced options menu and I fear I'm going to be FORCED to re-install windows!!! I mean after this, why not just switch to Apple?! And what's disgusting about this is Microsoft has had the ability to see this is a problem since AUGUST and has done nothing to help.  I'm f***ing FURIOUS! I'm terrified that all the work I've saved in my PyCharm and IntelliJ venvs will just be deleted and now I have to reinstall a thousand different programs! All I wanted to do today was study Python and get a job and now I have to wait until tomorrow or maybe even later, bc I will have to spend a million hours getting my system back to where it was. Btw: restore points have NEVER worked for me since y2k and are essentially useless. I've already wasted an HOUR going through every other option and this is ENTIRELY Microsoft's fault! Corporate America doesn't care about us plebes anymore. No accountability to anyone buy shareholders and if there aren't enough customers to warrant the expenditures, the ones who are affect? Well. F*** 'em. Srsly I might just switch to Linux, drop my expensive and useless 365 account, and go the free, community based route.

@Anelegumede this happened to me after the latest update. Every option is closed to me, even the restore points are useless. I have LITERALLY  tried everything in the advanced options menu and I fear I'm going to be FORCED to re-install windows!!! I mean after this, why not just switch to Apple?! And what's disgusting about this is Microsoft has had the ability to see this is a problem since AUGUST and has done nothing to help.  I'm f***ing FURIOUS! I'm terrified that all the work I've saved in my PyCharm and IntelliJ venvs will just be deleted and now I have to reinstall a thousand different programs! All I wanted to do today was study Python and get a job and now I have to wait until tomorrow or maybe even later, bc I will have to spend a million hours getting my system back to where it was. And the troubleshooter just CASUALLY says it cant uninstall the latest feature or security updates and then just CASUALLY suggests that you should try resetting. As if the idea that resetting your PC is not a big deal! And this is the ENTIRE REASON that i have to reset!!! It'sdegrading, insulting and if they were paople doung this to people,  they'dnever act like something as huge as this is to most average users that was their fault is no big deal. Btw: restore points have NEVER worked for me since y2k and are essentially useless. I've already wasted an HOUR going through every other option and this is ENTIRELY Microsoft's fault! Corporate America doesn't care about us plebes anymore. No accountability to anyone buy shareholders and if there aren't enough customers to warrant the expenditures, the ones who are affect? Well. F*** 'em. Srsly I might just switch to Linux, drop my expensive and useless 365 account, and go the free, community based route.