SOLVED

Unable to unenroll device from insider program

Copper Contributor

Hi, I am seeming to run into a problem where I am unable to unenroll my device from the windows insider program. I am in the beta channel, and the slider is set to off. The option is greyed out, and I have tried a few things to help my case. I originally went to my windows account online and un-linked my account to the windows insider program and didn't see a noticeable change. I then tried the option which takes me to the reinstall windows page, and I chose the first option to reinstall windows while keeping my files. After this did not work, I attempted to try a solution I found on a windows forum, which involved going into the REGEDIT and changing certain values. After restarting, I seem to still be in the beta and the option is still greyed out. Today, I went to windows support, and they suggested opening a ticket here. Any help would be appreciated. I am on Windows Version 22H2 (OS Build 22622.290). Thanks

2 Replies
best response confirmed by nate410 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@nate410 

Hi, unregistering from the Insider program will not remove the already installed version.
You tried to reinstall stable Windows, (but so that your personal files and applications remain) unfortunately, but only a clean installation of Windows in your case is possible (you need to mark NOTHING during installation, only so you can perform the reinstallation)

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

Thank you. I will try that now.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by nate410 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@nate410 

Hi, unregistering from the Insider program will not remove the already installed version.
You tried to reinstall stable Windows, (but so that your personal files and applications remain) unfortunately, but only a clean installation of Windows in your case is possible (you need to mark NOTHING during installation, only so you can perform the reinstallation)

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post