Unable to download Windows 10 ARM preview

Copper Contributor

Guys,

I've been a Windows insider member for a few years now. I need to evaluate Windows 10 ARM but the page doesn't have any link I can use to download it, any ideas, please?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewARM64

Thanks,

Angel Hernandez

9 Replies

@angeljesus14 

Hi there, you are welcome to the Windows Community Hub!

I could see the download link and the download also started for the insider preview build as shown in the attached video.

Where? Refer to attachment.

Link is not available from my Mac, Android or Linux based PC.

I'm currently signed in, where's the link? 

Thanks,

Angel

@angeljesus14 

Thanks for sharing more info, I could now exactly understand what is your problem.

You signed in to the website but you are not a registered Windows Insider so you are not allowed to download the Insider Preview build.

To register into the Windows Insider Program, click the following link:

https://insider.windows.com/en-us/register

After registering, you can download the build from the link you have given in the original post. If you cannot find the link, just check my attached "1.mp4" video in the previous reply.

@TheShaunSaw 

I suspect @angeljesus14 might be having a similar issue to what I'm currently experiencing where the Windows Insider registration page never loads.  I get a bunch of spinning dots, but no content other than the header.  I've tried different computers, browsers, different internet connections, Mac, Windows, etc.  No difference in the result other than Firefox on Windows has "Content Loading…" instead of those inane blue dots.

Now, if someone could help me figure out a way to get registered, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Jon

Its not working for me either. and I'm registered. only gives me the option for Win 11.

@bmcguiganSame here.  I only see the windows 11 ARM build and I NEEDED windows 10 to use with an M1 macbook with Parallels.

If you're here from a google search trying to find it, here's how.  Grab the HeiDoc Windows ISO downloader tool and sign into your insider account in the program and then on the right hand menu, select the insider preview option.  You should get a drop down list of all the available builds.

I ended up getting the 21354 build.  Downloader works great.  I've used it for years to get ISO files.

@angeljesus14  I used heidoc tool, select insider preview and scroll through the list of ISO's, you want version 21286, its x64 windows 10. I am using this to run on m1 Mac in parallels desktop

Thanks for this tool now i can download windows 10 arm 64 for. my apple mac

@tattootroyI grabbed the win10 version first but it will constantly pop up a message saying it's depreciated and windows updates won't work.  I assume that MS abandoned it.  Win11 has some extra stuff under the hood to allow x86 software to run that I'm not sure if the Win10 version has.  I ended up dumping the win10 VM and going to the win 11 version.  Just about everything works but some devices like DB9 console cables don't have ARM drivers so they don't work in windows and I'm not sure what gaming is like either.