Tech Community Live: Windows edition
May 31 2023, 07:30 AM - 11:30 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

Unable to do "Reset" or "Go back" on Windows 11(21H2)

Occasional Contributor

Greetings,
I have recently installed Windows insider preview; it is around 20 hours since installation, and it was not working properly so I tried to "Go back", from System>Recovery>Go Back & Restore, but it does not seem to work, so I contacted customer support they told me to do the Reset, but the "Reset" option is also not working, just a loading circle appears and then disappears. I prefer to reset without losing data.

A video of the error is attached below.
Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you! 

Version 21H2(Build 22000.71)

38 Replies
not working anymore

@Kapil Arya this isn't working bro please help

windows 11 go back gone uninstalling updates also not working what can i do??? please help.

Hey bro u can install windows 10 I was also unable to go back like u and was stuck so I tried installing windows 10 via "windows media creation tool" u can just google it and download it from Microsoft of it works then good (it didn't work for me ) ; if it doesn't work then do a troubleshoot compatibility there will be two options in troubleshooting u have to try both of them (in my case 1st opt didn't work so I tried second and it worked)

Hope it helps
Note :: your files in the SSD or disk drive c / desktop will be erased u can't keep any files but hard disk will not be erased

If it works pls reply ☺️
This the advanced options method is not working and my PC is completely unusable. None of the reset or uninstall update options are working. Please help.
Hey bro u can install windows 10 I was also unable to go back like u and was stuck so I tried installing windows 10 via "windows media creation tool" u can just google it and download it from Microsoft of it works then good (it didn't work for me ) ; if it doesn't work then do a troubleshoot compatibility there will be two options in troubleshooting u have to try both of them (in my case 1st opt didn't work so I tried second and it worked)

Hope it helps
Note :: your files in the SSD or disk drive c / desktop will be erased u can't keep any files but hard disk will not be erased

If it works pls reply ☺️
Welcome bro :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:

i tried it but it says we ran in some issues try resetting your pc, pls help@shade001 

This worked to revert but I’m still having battery problems

@shade001  when i try that, it says unable to uninstall the latest feature update, please try troubleshoot, reset my pc, i dont wanna lose all my apps tho :(

it doesnt let me, says unable to uninstall the latest feature update, try trouble shoot, reset this pc, i dont wanna do that all lose all my apps
Hey @R1seDown,
Looks like since the release of the official stable of windows 11 this might have been discontinued. You could have a look into this article I found on the internet.
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/windows-11-how-to-roll-back-windows-11/
Hope that helps. Thank you!
Hello, I was also trying to go back to windows 10. I had the “go back” button in my settings but when I clicked it it just says “No changes were made, you can’t go back” I tried this method here but when I went and clicked on uninstall feature updates it just puts me back to the starting page and gives me troubadour options again and this just repeated itself is there a fix?
Trouble shoot options*
I am unable to uninstall latest feature update. Because there no option.

@shade001 hi the uninstall update feature ia not working. 

@Kapil Arya 

i dont even have option for go back in settings but i had that thing available however it said it encountered an error and i should reset it although im not doing that cause i tried to do that to get rid of the insider updates however that did not work im mainly just trying to go back to windows 10 because i was recommended to go back to windows 10 because of issues i've been having with the taskbar