SOLVED

Unable to do "Reset" or "Go back" on Windows 11(21H2)

Brass Contributor

Greetings,
I have recently installed Windows insider preview; it is around 20 hours since installation, and it was not working properly so I tried to "Go back", from System>Recovery>Go Back & Restore, but it does not seem to work, so I contacted customer support they told me to do the Reset, but the "Reset" option is also not working, just a loading circle appears and then disappears. I prefer to reset without losing data.

A video of the error is attached below.
Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you! 

Version 21H2(Build 22000.71)

39 Replies
not working anymore

@Kapil Arya this isn't working bro please help

windows 11 go back gone uninstalling updates also not working what can i do??? please help.

Hey bro u can install windows 10 I was also unable to go back like u and was stuck so I tried installing windows 10 via "windows media creation tool" u can just google it and download it from Microsoft of it works then good (it didn't work for me ) ; if it doesn't work then do a troubleshoot compatibility there will be two options in troubleshooting u have to try both of them (in my case 1st opt didn't work so I tried second and it worked)

Hope it helps
Note :: your files in the SSD or disk drive c / desktop will be erased u can't keep any files but hard disk will not be erased

If it works pls reply ☺️
This the advanced options method is not working and my PC is completely unusable. None of the reset or uninstall update options are working. Please help.
Hey bro u can install windows 10 I was also unable to go back like u and was stuck so I tried installing windows 10 via "windows media creation tool" u can just google it and download it from Microsoft of it works then good (it didn't work for me ) ; if it doesn't work then do a troubleshoot compatibility there will be two options in troubleshooting u have to try both of them (in my case 1st opt didn't work so I tried second and it worked)

Hope it helps
Note :: your files in the SSD or disk drive c / desktop will be erased u can't keep any files but hard disk will not be erased

If it works pls reply ☺️
Welcome bro :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:

i tried it but it says we ran in some issues try resetting your pc, pls help@shade001 

This worked to revert but I’m still having battery problems

@shade001  when i try that, it says unable to uninstall the latest feature update, please try troubleshoot, reset my pc, i dont wanna lose all my apps tho :(

it doesnt let me, says unable to uninstall the latest feature update, try trouble shoot, reset this pc, i dont wanna do that all lose all my apps
Hey @R1seDown,
Looks like since the release of the official stable of windows 11 this might have been discontinued. You could have a look into this article I found on the internet.
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/windows-11-how-to-roll-back-windows-11/
Hope that helps. Thank you!
Hello, I was also trying to go back to windows 10. I had the “go back” button in my settings but when I clicked it it just says “No changes were made, you can’t go back” I tried this method here but when I went and clicked on uninstall feature updates it just puts me back to the starting page and gives me troubadour options again and this just repeated itself is there a fix?
Trouble shoot options*
I am unable to uninstall latest feature update. Because there no option.

@shade001 hi the uninstall update feature ia not working. 

@Kapil Arya 

i dont even have option for go back in settings but i had that thing available however it said it encountered an error and i should reset it although im not doing that cause i tried to do that to get rid of the insider updates however that did not work im mainly just trying to go back to windows 10 because i was recommended to go back to windows 10 because of issues i've been having with the taskbar

Need help! I tried everything from reseting installs. Windows 11 update doesnt allow me to turn on Wifi. Also doesn't have the (Go Back button) and doesn't allow me to reset Update latest features. Need help I do online schooling...