SOLVED

Unable to create calendar event from taskbar

Copper Contributor

Build 18936 from July announced the feature "Quick event create from taskbar". I've never had it, and can't find any information about this feature targeting only specific markets (and why should it..?).

I can't be the only one experiencing this, so does anyone have a clue why it doesn't show up?

10 Replies
Hi,
this feature is now in the build 1909 which is generally available for everyone.
in order to be able to create tasks and events from the taskbar, you need to have the Calender + Outlook apps installed on Windows 10.
they are there by default but if you removed them, you have to install them again

@HotCakeX 

Thx for repløying, but I know, I have both calendar & outlook installed and have had it the entire time. I had more or less forgotten about it until I saw an article on "Whats new in 1909"

Oh okay, so which version of Windows 10 are you using ? insider builds?

@HotCakeX 

I'm on build 19041

Hi again :)
try the 19536, lots of things changed since it is the first 20H2 build
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/12/16/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-1...

@HotCakeX @HotCakeX I installed 19536 wednesday, was released tuesday I think? Your tuesday is my wednesday :) Xmas is coming, so a bit stress, but checking all the features in 19536 as we speak. I think some of the features are released for US only, but not sure which, but hopefully I'll be able to figure it out.

best response confirmed by LokePus (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@LokePus 

@LokePus wrote:

@HotCakeX @HotCakeX I installed 19536 wednesday, was released tuesday I think? Your tuesday is my wednesday :) Xmas is coming, so a bit stress, but checking all the features in 19536 as we speak. I think some of the features are released for US only, but not sure which, but hopefully I'll be able to figure it out.

Hi,

but that particular feature was released even to the stable channel and everyone is using it, no-insiders, in build 1909. I myself had the exact issue on one of my relatives laptops and found out that Email and Calendar app were missing from her laptop, so installing it fixed the issue.

in your case it's weird that even on 19536 you still don't have it!

it makes me think there is something in your Windows configurations that is causing this problem.

I don't know if you've tried already but clean installing your Windows 10 should fix it.

here just grab a fresh Windows 10 1909 ISO and do the clean install.

without any configuration or installing any program, update your Windows and store apps (not necessary) and then you will see that you can create an event or reminder from the Taskbar by clicking on the time/date..

once you've confirmed that, you can go ahead and from the settings participate in the insider fast ring again.

P.S try installing Microsoft To-Do again, I think it doesn't have any effect but still.

Happy early Christmas :)

@HotCakeX Don't know why I haven't thought about it before , but I uninstalled / reinstalled the e-mail / calendar app, and voilà ...And WOW, it's brilliant, sync with outlook and phone :)

Thank you so much for your help and patience!

Oh that's good to hear, you're welcome and enjoy! ;)
Why is excel allowing to create some events with dates, but not others? How do I manually create an event? what hotkeys can I use? I just used ctrl+c and it would not only copy the cell but then it offered for me to "create event" with outlook or calendar. This is great, but it didn't work for every cell. And sometimes I'd exit the program and restart it, thinking the action timed out, but looking for a way through the menu to select "create event" in case the action times out, etc. Does anyone know how to get it to show up every time you ctrl+c a date from excel?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by LokePus (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@LokePus 

@LokePus wrote:

Hi,

but that particular feature was released even to the stable channel and everyone is using it, no-insiders, in build 1909. I myself had the exact issue on one of my relatives laptops and found out that Email and Calendar app were missing from her laptop, so installing it fixed the issue.

in your case it's weird that even on 19536 you still don't have it!

it makes me think there is something in your Windows configurations that is causing this problem.

I don't know if you've tried already but clean installing your Windows 10 should fix it.

here just grab a fresh Windows 10 1909 ISO and do the clean install.

without any configuration or installing any program, update your Windows and store apps (not necessary) and then you will see that you can create an event or reminder from the Taskbar by clicking on the time/date..

once you've confirmed that, you can go ahead and from the settings participate in the insider fast ring again.

P.S try installing Microsoft To-Do again, I think it doesn't have any effect but still.

Happy early Christmas :)

View solution in original post