THX Audio Issues (and ANNOYING fix) in Windows 11

Copper Contributor

Windows 11 seems to have an issue with Razer's THX option on their headsets. Sometimes it works fine, but other times you have to spend a while flipping through audio outputs in various ways to get it to start working. This is a Windows 11 specific issue and is not related to drivers or the headset itself as the headset is less than a month old (in terms of unboxing) and I always check my drivers bi weekly or so for everything, and in troubleshooting. 

I'm not really looking for a fix as I don't believe there currently is one, but I wanted to bring this to the attention of the devs Because this is on the Windows 11 software end.

15 Replies
I'm having the same issue
have the same/similar issue, 'THX Spatial - Synapse' audio device doesn't work on Windows 11.
I couldn't get it work trying your steps.

All time, when i turn on my computer i need to go in profile Razer > Mixer until option of the setup THX to change default audio. The time of my computer is on, audio stay stable and fuctional. Under the calibration option. I hope Microsoft fixes this fast. 

I got it fixed by fully removing the razer audio drivers and the razer apps. Rebooting the system then installing the razer app synapse for the driver and last reconnected the USB cable for the headset. Now I am able to use THX for any apps that can use it.
It possible issue was due to migrating from win10 to 11 and it needing a fresh start install of related driver and software.

for some reason i cant set it as default and it stays as stereo@g-refundini  any fixes?

So far nothing, razer still do not release update, and Microsoft update will harm my processor (AMD). So I keep waiting.

Turn OFF THX Spatial in Razer Synapse > Audio. Change default audio input in Windows sound options. Change for your Razer Audio Device. And try set THX Spatial as default in Razer Synapse again.

I´m working now, when i get back for my home i´ll take the pictures and send here.

@g-refundiniThank you! Worked perfectly for me.

ty it worked for me my headset is razer nari ultimate ily dude.
I don't know if you still have this issue, but the way I finally fixed the issue permanently was by going to uninstall Razer Synapse and then using their "repair" option before fully uninstalling. Hope this helps!

@NaviVR for me windows 11 would not allow sound to play in other apps specificaly for THX spatial so I went to System > Sound > All sound devices and from there I allowed THX to play over other apps

the only fix i’ve found for this is letting windows install the drivers through the audio troubleshooter, select the thx audio output then select that you couldn’t here a sound and after that it will ask you to restart your pc with repaired drivers

This worked for me and i’m using razed synapse for thx audio but i would assume it will also work for the thx audio app
Hey, if you're referring to using custom EQ and that it suddenly seems to disappear, then the solution is much more simple - at least for me. Head over to sound settings by right clicking the speakre icon on your taskbar. Make sure that Razer Audio Controller is selected by default. Go to its properties by clicking on it. Scroll down to Audio Enhancement section and on the dropdown just select Device Default Effects. It should use the THX custom EQ that you have on the Synapse app. Now I'm not sure why it seems to turn that option off from time to time but it could most likely be when there's a windows audio update or something like that. I hope this helps anyone.
I did that and now the THX spatial audio doesn't exist after reinstalling the app

What worked for me was to delete thx from the device manager. 

its in multiple places! Check Audio and also more USB ETC. Hope this helps.

Will help more if require, Just let me know?@NaviVR