The Widgets and Teams Chat app crashing as soon as I open them [Release preview build (22000.194)]

Copper Contributor

I've upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11 release preview build (22000.194) today.

I'm encountering an issue where the Widgets app is crashing as soon as I open it.

And the Teams Chat app is opening a window to sign-in to teams, and when I sign in, the window closes automatically, and sometimes there are multiple instances of the sign-in windows from the teams app when I click the Chat icon in the taskbar (screenshot attached).

And every time when I restart my system, there're more than 5-7 pop ups from the Teams app to sign-in. And when I sign-in, it again crashes(closes) in few seconds and it behaves in the same way when I open it again.

Sudharsan_Aravind_5-1632590999696.png

The multiple instances of the teams app when I click the Teams Chat app more than once, at it doesn't respond.

I've tried uninstalling the Teams app, and the reinstallation happened automatically when I clicked the Chat icon in the taskbar.

I've ran the sfc scan too, it didn't show any problem.

I've almost searched for this problem for more than half a day, but till now I couldn't find any related problems in any of the forums.

Kindly provide me with a solution.

23 Replies

The Teams app crashed for me too initially, but running the app as administrator seems to prevent it from crashing for some reason.

Thank you, yes it works only if you run as Administrator