Taskbar Not Showing In Windows 11 (FIX)

Copper Contributor

Easiest fix I have found is this. Press Windows + R > Run control > Go to uninstall a program > go to installed updates > and uninstall Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB5006674). It will fix the issue. I discovered while running a system check that when I was trying to access settings I was getting access denied. Which Made me realize it wasn't the whole cumulative update. Its just the Security update that was breaking the windows 11 system it wasn't giving me correct privileges to access anything and only giving me guest rights. Hope it fixes your pc :)

44 Replies

Thanks for sharing. Might be helpful to someone with same issue.

If the issue still persists, refer other fixes mentioned here:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-taskbar-not-showing-in-windows-11-10

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

*This reply was updated, to make sure it is valid.

Your welcome :)

@KillaHaddy 

Hello

This is probably a stupid question but what do you type in the Run box?

@Conran855 You type control in the Run box.

@ReverieJacket control panel I think

Run this in Powershell. Restart after or restart explorer.exe Change the two web quotes “ ” to normal quotes.
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

@KillaHaddy 

Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB5006674) does not show in my installed updates but a different one does...can i remove that one?

This works for me as well. Thanks@Jackized 

This works for me as well....Thanks @Jackized
this worked for me thank you so much

@Jackized thank you, it works wery well

@Jackized This works perfect, thanks alot

@KillaHaddy perfectly worked for me tooo thank you soooooooo much

This is getting highly annoying, After reading a bit about it but not having any issues, I too started having the problem of the task bar apprearing but mostly empty, the Start Button missing, Pinned apps, and some system tray apps were missing and if you try to launch any built in or store apps you get some rrror about them not being available. For 2 months now, I have to run "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}" each time I boot up, then Restart the  Windows.Explorer process anywhere from 1 to 6 times to bring the taskbar with start menu back to life. I'm completly devestated that even in the update I got today, it's still not fixed.  How can this not be of Paramount important to Microsoft..@KillaHaddy 

@Peter_J1976 

Hi I'm also getting a lost taskbar - highly irritating. Where exactly do I put this - I am a novice:

"Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}" 

Thanks very much.

Yes, I uninstalled a different one based on the latest date and it worked.

Thank you, this resolved my problem ✔✔✔☺:blue_heart:

hi, you enter that in to powershell and you must start powershell in administrator mode @Scrowe945 

@KillaHaddy hello i cant find the update you said, i am very stressed out because i cant even enter my apps, please help me!