Taskbar location

Copper Contributor

For the love of all that is holy, please let us move the taskbar again. You've taken away 20 years of muscle memory here.

14 Replies

Hi @gmveesaert ,

If you are thinking how it's now in center. You can still move the taskbar to the left. 

Adin_Calkic_0-1652547023509.png

Adin_Calkic_1-1652547032343.png

I couldn't agree more. A recent Windows 11 update has removed ALL taskbar alignment options on my computer and put it on the side. I hate it. All I can say is why??? If it's not broke don't flaming well "fix" it.
Are you referring to the ability to move the taskbar to the top or right and left?
This concern has been raised and you may open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and search for existing feedbacks in this regard and upvote them or create a new one.

@Reza_Ameri   Hi, I want it at the bottom of the screen thanks with the option to change it's position.

Currently you only have it in the button and you could place option in the left or leave it in center.
I'm talking about the entire bar... from the windows/start button to the clock. I have had it at the top of the screen for decades. Now I can only have it on the bottom. Every time I need to switch windows, I have to drag down to the bottom of the screen. Highly inefficient, as I'm nearly always at the top of the screen.

Hi @gmveesaert ,

yes, unfortunately this is not possible (officially) in Windows 11. 

Maybe this might work: How to move Taskbar to top or side on Windows 11 - Pureinfotech 

My hero! Thank you!
The above method might work but it is not recommended.
The Windows team are aware of this requirement, and you are always welcome to share your concerns using the Feedback Hub app.
I too am lost without the ability to put entire taskbar on the side of my screen, which makes it vertical. There are way more vertical stripes of space available to waste than there are horizontal. With all the precious real estate that various UI's waste, people who try the taskbar on the side generally stick with it once they realize the savings they've mustered from the move. ....and then Windows 11 just poof gone as if we don't matter! Boo hoo, but seriously, I wish it would come back and once I finally commit to the move to Windows 11, I'll certainly put my feedback in there.

+1000000

Agreed. I'm used to the taskbar at the top of my screen. Please fix this.

@gmveesaert Yes, it would be nice to have more customization options! Here is a video, using a registry hack- https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=how+to+move+taskbar+to+side+windows+11&mid=0535... . Please note that the video creator or I are not responsible for any damage done to your machine when doing the registry hack. Please be careful and follow the video closely. I hope this helps! Please reply and tell me the results!  :smile:

Yes, it would be nice to have more customization options! Here is a video, using a registry hack- https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=how+to+move+taskbar+to+side+windows+11&mid=0535... . Please note that the video creator or I are not responsible for any damage done to your machine when doing the registry hack. Please be careful and follow the video closely. I hope this helps! Please reply and tell me the results!