SOLVED

SWITCHING FROM DEV TO BETA CHANNEL ON WINDOW 11

Copper Contributor

Hi guys, i'm using window 11 dev-channel, i want to switch to beta channel but i can't. The beta channel button is not available for me to click in, can anyone help me please? I drop a picture of my problem below. Thank you so much!

dinhhieu1304_0-1630760113732.png

8 Replies
best response confirmed by dinhhieu1304 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

The time period to switch back to Beta Channel is over. You'll have to stay in Dev Channel or clean install back to Windows 10. Microsoft was warning this would happen for over a week as Dev Channel was going back to development builds. Usually once you're in Dev Channel you can not switch down to the other channels. You can switch from Beta or Preview Release Channels to Dev Channel, but not Dev Channel back down to Preview Release or Beta Channels.

This was the email sent out last week to Dev Channel members:

"Hi Windows Insider,

Based on our data, you have a PC that is currently configured for flighting Windows 11 Insider Preview Builds in the Dev Channel. We are about to start releasing early development builds in the Dev Channel that will no longer match the Windows 11 experience that will be released to customers on October 5th. Since these builds are from the earliest stage in a new development cycle, they may not be stable and sometimes you will see issues that block key activities or require workarounds while running the Windows Insider Preview Builds in the Dev Channel.

To experience more reliable Windows 11 Insider Previews Builds tied to the upcoming Windows 11 release, we recommend to move your device to the Beta Channel through the Windows Insider Program Settings.

No action is required if you want to continue receiving the Windows 11 Insider Preview Builds in the Dev Channel."
Thank you so much!

@dinhhieu1304 

system/recovery/back to/previous  build

Only took a few minutes on my PC

@Anthony  so is it possible to switch back to beta chanel in the future? 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by dinhhieu1304 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

The time period to switch back to Beta Channel is over. You'll have to stay in Dev Channel or clean install back to Windows 10. Microsoft was warning this would happen for over a week as Dev Channel was going back to development builds. Usually once you're in Dev Channel you can not switch down to the other channels. You can switch from Beta or Preview Release Channels to Dev Channel, but not Dev Channel back down to Preview Release or Beta Channels.

View solution in original post