Surface Pro X freezes, Startup Menu does not open, Settings wont open on W11 Build 22471

Copper Contributor

I installed Windows 11 on my surface pro via Upgdates in Dev Channel Mode.

After that the SPX freezes most of the time, the pop up of the start menu works sometimes, most often nothing happens. 

I tried to access settings in order to uninstall W11, but Settings do not open, no matter if I use the icon in the task menu, or right click on the windows logo and then click on settings, nor via command ms-setting.

I would like to resest the SPC to factory settings, but cannot access "settings" to do so.

Anyone?

Thanks.

3 Replies

@KingCole1900  the same problem freezing randomly the screen stuck i can move the mouse but ntg to do with it also task manager isn't reponse 

@KingCole1900 You may have to try this off a fresh reboot: While holding down the (left) shift key, right click on the Start button -> Shut Down or Sign out -> Restart. This should bring up the troubleshooting screen after a bit, if it just boots back into Windows, try again.

In the troubleshooting screen, you will have the option to reset the PC, or to Uninstall the latest feature update. That second option has been getting a lot of use out of me for the last three dev builds on my SPX

@SoufianeMell ; @jaxford 

I had a very comptenet MS technician support and we "solved" it.

Basically you need to got jaxfords way and then take back the functional update. Troubleshooting, login on and off, Restarting won't cut it.

As Jaxford mentioned: "In the troubleshooting screen, you will have the option to reset the PC, or to Uninstall the latest feature update. That second option has been getting a lot of use out of me for the last three dev builds on my SPX" 

You have to do this via Lock screen win + i; but in case you use Windows Hello Face ID, Windows will not show in the lower right corner the option of "shutting down", so you need to NOT show your face and wait until Windows Hello wont recognise you and switsches to PIN Log on. Then "the turn off Icoon" will be shown. Then als Jaxford described, hold shift .....

Thanks, btw.

Good Luck!