Surface Pro X dock, network, Bluetooth issues making the device unusable.

Copper Contributor

Since my Surface Pro X got updated to the Windows 11 beta it's become nearly unusable. Like many people, I am working from home and entirely dependent on Microsoft Teams working.

I am plugged to the Surface Dock v2 (the brick one).  Connected to the dock, I have wired Ethernet and a Logitech Brio web cam.  I'm using the B&O Portal Xbox/Bluetooth headset as my communications device.

Constantly, throughout the day I will have the wired network stop working.  I'll hear the device dismount sound followed by the camera stopping and the Bluetooth headset disconnecting.  My Microsoft Bluetooth Ergonomic Mouse is also affected at this point moving very slowly and jumping around a lot.  

I can't tell what device is dismounting - but given that I lose network AND the camera, it seems like it's a USB Hub or controller in the dock.  The external display connected to the dock isn't affected.  I also can't explain why this is totally screwing up the Bluetooth connections, which are direct to the Surface Pro X.  

I see an error in Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System that seems to correlate to the dismounts:
Log Name: System
Source: Server
Date: 9/17/2021 10:22:35 AM
Event ID: 2505
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: JOE-PRO-X
Description:
The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{E2938F01-983E-4D33-ABC0-FA29321E4825} because another computer on the network has the same name. The server could not start.

A reboot fixes things temporarily - about half the time these reboots wind up in green screens.  The one I just got was VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE in qcdxkm8180.sys.

Is there anything I can try before I reimage back to the system's Win 10 image?

3 Replies
I am having exactly this problem. Virtually same setup and getting the same error. Sorry I can't help though

@Stuart Travers I left the insider program and rolled back to Win 10 20H2 19042.1237 and haven't had a hiccup since. 

I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about Win 11 hitting production rings on 10/5.  The experience I had in beta is a non-starter.

@jcoplen  That’s interesting and might do that. Although I was getting a similar problem on win10 as well. A temp fix for me is to effectively reboot the dock by unplugging it which stops the problem for a while. Also for me the problem almost always happens when I am switching in to the outlook app