Stuck on Windows 10 Pro Dev channel on a computer that doesn't meet the Windows 11 requirements.

Occasional Contributor

This is a topic that needs some attention from Microsoft.  I am sitting on Windows 10 Pro Dev channel on a computer that can't run Windows 11.  That said, I am stuck with an older version of Windows 10 and don't receive any new updates/builds.  Microsoft has given me the run around on the topic and can't get anyone there to provide support.  

Does anyone know a way to move from the Windows 10 Pro Dev channel to the beta or preview channels so I can get past the Windows 11 update that my computer is stuck on?

Thanks!

4 Replies

@DMrozPro  Hi

For Windows10, there is no longer a Dev channel. and Beta - you can only have RP. Insider for Windows10

Releasing Windows 10 Build 19044.1499 to Release Preview Channel | Windows Insider Blog

@DMrozPro 

You need to perform a clean installation of Windows10 ( which will clean everything - make copies of your personal files and synchronize system activation with your Microsoft account )

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

I was told several times, over many months, I would moved from the Windows 10 Insider Preview DEV channel to either the Beta or the Release Preview channel. It never happened and then I find out there is no way to change or update my system. I can't say its the first time I've been screwed by crappy communication and terrible Customer support / delivery. It is blatant disregard to leave Customers with garbage and no way to receive security updates, etc.....

@DMrozPro 

Troubleshooting - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

You can download ISO RP. for windows10, but it also has to be a clean installation of Windows.

currently lowering the channel for Windows 11 is also so - unfortunately!

Windows11 stable version - will there be an update available for Insider Program participants ? - Mi...